View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
mecompco
FitDay Member

Well, I had a pretty good daily alcohol habit (50oz of beer or 6-8 oz. of vodka), followed by eating anything that wasn't nailed down due to the booze removing any shred of "food conscience" that I might have had. That is a recipe for disaster (well, unless you WANT to tip the scales at over 400 pounds).

When I made my lifestyle change on May 5th, 2010 I tried drinking beer once a week. That was OK but the loses eventually slowed. So, I switched to a planned once a month "day off". If I want to drink on that day, no problem, and eat whatever (without going totally nuts) that's fine, too.

I did (and do) make sure to log EVERYTHING, the good, the bad and the ugly that I consume on those days.

Now I've had some 3K or 4K calorie days during the last year and a half and I still lose. This summer I've had probably three or four days that I've equalled or exceeded my burn.

BUT, and here's the catch, you CANNOT DO IT ALL THE TIME!

So if you're not ready to give up the alcohol (and I sure do understand why you might not), plan for one day a month to drink however much you want. It gives you something to look forward to, and it isn't "cheating" because you're planning for it and logging it into your food journal.

Oh, and the only three things I drink are water, black coffee and alcohol (good beer and tequila, usually). All may other calories are from reasonably good food and I keep around a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat mix.

Regards,
Michael

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote