View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #523 (permalink)
FitDay Premium Member
Default extreme gardening this weekend

Back up to the mountain house.

Did a bunch of brush clearing Friday and today.

Thursday was a brutal workout in CrossFit. The gym has a tradition of assigning a special workout on your birthday... and Thursday was my birthday. So after the strength session (squats and deadlifts) I got to do a workout called "Fran": 21 thrusters (start with bar on the ground, pick it up to your shoulders and squat, then stand up lifting the bar overhead at the same time - whew!), 21 pullups, then 15 thrusters, 15 pullups, and in case you haven't had enough, 9 more thrusters and 9 more pullups. And this is all timed with the objective of doing it as fast a possible, but with as much weight as possible.

So I used 55lbs, I still use a band to assist with the pullups, but did it all in 8:17 minutes. It took a several trys to get the last 2 thrusters. By the end I was as close to throwing up as I have ever been .

Abby, it sounds like you had a pretty good coach, even if he was just a kid. Form really is important and the speed you use really does affect which muscle groups you are working.
5'4" 55yr

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote