View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
RunbikeSki
FitDay Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw07 View Post
I've been taking 2 a day for the 3 years in addition to using olive oil, I also try to use avocado for my mayonnaise & butter substitutes and my "bad" cholesterol has dropped considerably and the "good" has seen an increase. I don't recall the exact numbers off hand, but I can check my blood test stats later today and post it up.
I believe its all part of "eating clean", my doctor was amazed at how fast I was able to turn my numbe s around- she thought I was sneaking in Lipitor into my diet-LOL....

I also got rid of my Pre-diabetes condition and high blood pressure, of course regular exercise was part of the equation.
It can be done, you just have to want it

SW I could have written your comment - my story is identicle (although my doc knows that I refuse to take lipitor). Fish oil has also helped reduce my overall blood lipids. Even though I eat plenty of fats, my blood lipids are almost too low. The power lifters I know swear by mega doses of fish oil for building muscle. I'm not into mega-doses of anything so I testify there... and I can't say that I can attribute fish oil to my success in weight loss, though it sure didn't hurt.

BTW most caps have at least 50 cals, so don't forget to add them to your daily calorie tally.

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote