View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cats82
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built View Post
I especially liked the part: "As the eastern seers say.. you are where your attention is focused. If your attention is focused on the bright future ahead, you will be in bright future. If you are focused on the mistakes of the past, you will be in the past."

That's a keeper!
This is great.

If there's one thing on this earth I'm an expert in, it's screwing up and starting over. Like Mark Twain said about quitting smoking, "Quitting smoking is the easiest thing in the world. Why, I've done it hundreds of times myself."

When I goof, I remember that I am now faced with two choices, and only two: I can give up, or I can try again. There is nowhere else to go. (Well, you could shoot yourself, but we'll assume that's not on the table. ) Since I made up my mind a long time ago that giving up is not an option, well then, I gotta keep on keepin' on.

Like another poster so sapiently said, "It's not the end of the world." It really isn't. It's calories. Take whatever lesson you can from it, then delete and move on.

Keeping with the eastern theme, the Japanese have a wonderful saying that I have used a lot: "Fall down seven times, get up eight."

Cats
Cats82 is offline   Reply With Quote