View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
travis23832
FitDay Member

I've done WW 4 times in the last 11 years. I always follow the plan and stay in my points and I see results. I usually lose at 20 pounds in a couple months. Then I slowly go back to my past way of eating and gain all the weight back or even more.

This year I joined again and liked the new Point Plus system. It never seemed right that cookies could have the same points as fruit and I would always chose cookies or whatever. This time I dropped junk food completely and it has been 3 months and I lost 40 pounds. I don't really crave the junk food anymore now and I think that was part of my problem in the past.

Being on any diet should help you learn more about nutrition. During my research I found people discussing the Paleo diet. I studied it for a couple weeks and got Robb Wolf's book. At first I was scared of giving up certain foods. After removing those foods and increasing my vegetable intake even more, I feel better than I have in over a decade and I still lost 10 more pounds. And this is after just a few weeks. I would recommend Paleo to anyone. There is tons of support online and many sites with great recipes. The food is never boring and tastes great.
travis23832 is offline   Reply With Quote