View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #107 (permalink)
PJT13
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicitybythesea View Post
Hi!

i'm new on Fit day. I found the book Primal Blueprint linked on Weston Price so I started reading the www Marks daily apple. alot of the information makes sense to me, since i feel really bloated if i eat grains. I tried soaking the flour as they said on Weston Price and Nourishing traditions by sally fallon. but i felt better then before but still bloated little.

i order the book but it hasnt come yet. i have alot of questions. can anyone answer them?

i'm a 5'4 woman 233lbs out of shape and never been skinny in my life. can this diet work for me?

do you have to cut out these things for all the life? or can you add some back in after you lose the weight?

if i cut m carbs down to 100g a day is this enough to lose weigh? i tried going to what atkins said 20g i couldn't do it, even taking out bread and pasta.

if i occasionally have some mashed potatoes or a slice of bread, let's weekly or every 2 weeks will this make it hard to lose weight? reverse all i did the week before?

i really want to try this lifestyle out but i know myself i can't do it cold turkey. i tried with all my might, i abstained then one day i failed and binged eating a whole pan of brownies.

i changed my habits from eating out alot fast food to now trying to learn to cook at home. i eat salad at lunch and dinner. i thought not eatin fast food but follwing clean eating diet would be enough. but in 6months i only lost 10lbs. i need help!
Hi Simplicity, Go girl! Get with the lifestyle thing and you won't go wrong. Paleo/Primal isn't just a diet, it's a whole new way of thinking about food and what our bodies need. Have a look at my previous post for information. I recommend all those websites and their associated books. Once you get into the frame of mind of being a 'cave woman', thinking, now what's available for me to eat from thie 'garden of Eden' bearing in mind that bread and pasta didn't exist and that cows weren't domesticated either, then you start to realise that what's available is meat, vegetables, fruit, nuts and berries. Then you start getting creative about how to use them. My biggest difficulty was breakfast, but my solution was simplicity (no pun inrtended) itself - two boiled eggs, a handful of Blueberries and maybe a tomato. Sometimes I'll have a chicken breast left over from the night before. Easy, when you think about it. Good luck!

Last edited by PJT13; 07-26-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: typos!
PJT13 is offline   Reply With Quote