Notices

Any grandmas here?

Old 07-24-2011, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Any grandmas here?

I'm 53 years old and, after a lifetime of being pretty slender, I now have a roll in the middle. My metabolism has really dropped off, making dieting tricky.

Any other proud grandmas here trying to take off the pounds?

Sherry in MountainTime
Age 53
5'0"
117.7 lbs. on 7/17/2011
Goal weight: 100 lbs. (whenever...)
Old 07-24-2011, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, Sherry. Welcome to FitDay! I'm a 65 year old, five foot nothin' grandma of seven. I'm very obese--and would like to take off at least 65 lbs. to get down to about 150 and then will see from there.

I hang out over in the 7 day motivational thread. You can always find our thread as a "sticky"--the first thread at the top of the Women's Only Corner/Support Group For Just Women. We start a new thread every Monday. Some over there have already reached their goals and are maintaining their ideal weight; some have a few pounds to lose like you; I'm one of the most obese and find tons (no pun intended. LOL) of support there.

You're quite welcome to join us. Best wishes!

Last edited by Mern; 07-24-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Hi I'm a 64 year old gramma of ten. I've lost 32 pounds 22 - 32 more to go. It feels great to be getting in better shape and able to play with those grandkids. You are wise to deal with the weight gain early. Welcome. This is a great site. Mary
Old 07-25-2011, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks to both of you. And congratulations on your weight loss. That's really an achievement!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Hello,

I will be 60 next month and need to lose about 30 lbs. I lost 36lbs a few years ago and gained around 12 back. I'm really having a hard time getting back on the wagon. I know a lot of it is stress. I don't know if any of you are dealing with taking care of aging parents and grandchildren but I'm having a tough go of it. I just don't have time for me.

Best to all,
Nancy
Old 07-26-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Nancy Taking care of you is important for taking care of the stress. I hope you find the time for you. Mary
Old 07-26-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Mary. This week has been rough because my parents are staying with me while some repairs are being made to their home. My mother is a screamer and my father has some dementia so my blood pressured has soared and I don't normally have high blood pressure.

Hopefully things will calm down soon. Until it does, I can't seem to get a handle on my diet.

Have a great day,

Nancy
Old 07-26-2011, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

Nancy, best wishes! I hope you can find a way to MAKE some time for yourself. It's tough being a caregiver!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, thank you. I am 5 feet tall as well. Every ounce really shows on us doesn't it?

Nancy
Old 07-27-2011, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Excess weight surely does show more on short people, Nancy. But we're working on that and we deserve a pat on the back for it.

I hang out on the support group for just women/7 day motivational thread. We start a new week, but anyone can join any time.

We don't compete against each other--just set our own goals and try our best to report in daily. Lot of good encouragement and support, lot of discussions, lot of fun.

Any of you grandmas or others reading this are quite welcome to join us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.