Cute story Abby. I did something similar with a keyed lock. Had a bunch of keys on the key chain including (as it turned out ) 2 little master lock keys. When the one did work, I never noticed the other one and had to have the lock cut off before I realized I was just using the wrong key
Crossfit. Strength was box squats and dead lifts at 75% of your max weight. For some reason the squats were pretty challenging when last week's weight at 70% were pretty easy. The coach and I were coming up with all kinds of reasons, better rested last week, nutrition, blah, blah, blah. As I was preparing for the deadlifts (which are heavier) I realized I had made a math error (not in my favor) and was actually squating 85% of my max
. OK, now that explains it!