Notices

Eating Raw

Old 01-04-2010, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Eating Raw

I was on a salad only diet for a week and found it really great for digestion.

Any recipes? I am not a vegetarian but really would like to cut down on salt and processed food.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

I just ordered "The Primal Blueprint" and should get it on wednesday. It focuses on eliminating processed foods, getting protein from meats, and everything else from veggies and fruits...it includes the reasoning behind this way of eating, recipies and plan to help ease you into this program....I'll let ya know how it goes!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lynzatn
I was on a salad only diet for a week and found it really great for digestion.

Any recipes? I am not a vegetarian but really would like to cut down on salt and processed food.
@ Lynzatn - that's great! That must have been difficult ..good for you..I am looking at starting the 80/10/10 diet by Dr. Douglas N. Graham... I have already starting eating raw..love fruits and veggies - what I need to make sure of is eating enough during the day so that I can work out hard in the evening after work.

All I know about cutting down salt is to stop eating anything that is cooked..which is very difficult...most of the people in my life love to cook..so salt is difficult to avoid unless you cook yourself and that way you can at least control some of the salt that goes into your food.

J.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by revampme
I just ordered "The Primal Blueprint" and should get it on wednesday. It focuses on eliminating processed foods, getting protein from meats, and everything else from veggies and fruits...it includes the reasoning behind this way of eating, recipies and plan to help ease you into this program....I'll let ya know how it goes!
@revampme - sounds like a great book... we need to realize that eating more simply is so much better for our digestive systems. Interested in knowing how things go.

J.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

I was on a 100% raw diet for a year and the results were,
1. No more diabetes and still don't have it even though I do not eat raw now and ate bad for awhile (stress).
2. Lost some weight but not a lot. Too many nuts and not enough variety even though I live in a place with a great farmers market and health food stores.
3. Developed allergies or at least they were greatly increased. After 8 months started breaking out in hives starting in February and the problem has continued until this day. All the raw veggies make your allergies get much worth...by putting you over the edge when seasonal allergies get your antihistamines more active. Look it up on Mao Clinic and other sites. It is true. Now I have to eat All veggies and fruit in the spring cooked and cannot eat nuts then.
4. It had a negative psychological effect on me that I began to become very food obsessed and radical, it alienated me from others and really could have led to an eating disorder. It is not a lifestyle that 99.99 of people doing it could ever do for life.

This is just my experience with a raw diet so I just thought I would share it.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

I try to do about 50% raw every day. I don't think I need to nor do I plan to go 100% raw. The best thing about raw is how simple it can be; so I'm not interested in the more complex reparations / recipes. BUT, a lot of people who do raw use blenders and juicers. That's quite easy too and feasible for most.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Check out Dr. Furhmans Eat to Live program, it is incredible.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

Raw vegetables foods are very good for the health. These foods provide rich amount of protein, vitamins, fiber and carbohydrates. They turn our fat to muscles and prevent from many diseases. You can use these vegetables in raw form, salad form, juice form or in soup form.