View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
RunbikeSki
FitDay Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdaly View Post
I wish my husband would join me. He is in the overweight BMI, has high blood pressure and eats too many sweets and not enough fruits and vegetables. I like to exercise first thing in the morning, but he refuses to. He says he never has time to exercise. He sometimes suggests hikes on the weekends, but they never happen, although he seems to find plenty of time for video games.

I hope you and your boyfriend continue to do this together. I think it will make your relationship stronger.
I have found that the only way I can get DH to change his ways in any permanent manner is by "leading by example". It takes longer, but he is super nag-resistant, so even minor reminders tend really irritate him. When I sit back and think about all of the habits and changes he has adopted (and visa-versa, BTW) will little or no fighting or aggavation it is really rather remarkable.

The down side is, as Cassie and other will attest to, is that one has to be pretty committed to your goal at first while you go it alone. But that too has its benefits.

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote