Notices

Master Cleanse?

Old 07-17-2011, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Master Cleanse?

So, I've been trying to read up on this, I've never done a cleanse before. I'm 19, why not? 20 years is a long time to go without cleansing. (Holy crap I've been alive 2 decades...) So, anyone who's done this before? Responses, reviews, rants, raves, anything, please
Old 07-17-2011, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Get a juicer....drink nothing but veggie juice from ORGANIC veggies and water for 2 days. You will feel better and this does not stress your body too much. If you mix Sonne cleanser #7 with Sonne #10? you will clean your colon out without diarrhea. Look for Sonne cleanser online and use it 3x a day during this juice fast. Go easy on the carrots juice use green leafy veggies also. You may need to use a lot of produce to get juice but it is only for a short time. Remember the water.... 2.5L at least. Do not do anything stressful during the fast.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

What do you hope to accomplish from such a program?

Read this.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by handcycle2005

Read this.
Jeez. I was thinking the whole "detox" thing was a good idea....changed my mind. Thanks
Old 07-17-2011, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Read this.
I do not think they are looking for a program. This a site that promotes health as well as weight loss. It is not a bad idea to give your digestive system a break once in a while. This is what my doctor recommended. Two days of juicing and water and relaxation.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wolfbane20
I do not think they are looking for a program. This a site that promotes health as well as weight loss. It is not a bad idea to give your digestive system a break once in a while. This is what my doctor recommended. Two days of juicing and water and relaxation.
Master Cleanse is a "detox" program consisting of drinking a peppered lemonade concoction along with laxatives. The site sells all the fixings at no doubt vastly inflated prices. (The site store has no prices quoted)

It's junk science and a scam rolled up in one.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

Master Cleanse is a "detox" program consisting of drinking a peppered lemonade concoction along with laxatives. The site sells all the fixings at no doubt vastly inflated prices. (The site store has no prices quoted)

It's junk science and a scam rolled up in one.
You CAN just buy the stuff at your local grocery store and diy.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default DIY is pretty cheap and easy

I've done it a couple of times, but not for the full 10 days - life always gets in the way. 5 days the first time last year, and 7 days recently.

I'm not totally sold on the "detox" thing, our bodies are pretty good at it all by themselves without laxitives and purges, but there are a bunch of other mental, physical, and social benefits of fasting that make it worth the effort for me.

The method, Master Cleanse, vs. some other technique of limiting solid food is really just incidental for me. I have just found that Master Cleanse is easy to follow and although I can't say that I ever felt full, I rarely feel that gnawingly starving either. Also the need to drink the concontion 6 or more times a day keeps me occupied and satisfies my food prep instincts (for a while).

If you are thinking of fasting... this may be a good way to go. The detox thing does have some junk science attached to it, but fasting has lots of real documented benefits. If you have any other questions, ask away. I know that there are a couple of others who have tried the Cleanse in the forums.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

I did it a few years ago. 10 days lost 11 lbs. It is a good detox and I think it would be a good jump start to eating better and losing weight. Some people say to do it twice a year.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:14 PM
FitDay Member

So i guess its time to show myself, I've been lurching around for some time and finally decided to make a profile. Didnt even realize there was a food log on here, I've been putting that info in my phone for ages.

I have tried doing many of the cleanse diets but frankly i cannot stand the laxatives. I just saw a movie the other day maybe you have heard of it. It was "30 sick and dying', something like that im to lazy to look it up right now but it turned me onto the whole juicing idea.

Doing way to much research for my own good I've learned that its fairly costly to maintain a juicing diet. i fond something called a LINK REMOVED and was wondering if that would be more efficient than the old typical juicers. Or is it just hype. My thought was since its slower i may get more bang for my buck on the food i feed it.

I just can't afford to buy pounds and pounds of produce every week.

9/05/11 - 215lbs
GOAL - 190lbs

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-06-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Because it wasn't hype, it was a spam link.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.