Notices

Help!! Pronto! Urgent! Ah!

Old 07-17-2011, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Help!! Pronto! Urgent! Ah!

Ok, girls, so mega problem! Peeling skin (that day at the beach really did a number on me, I rarely peel! And never like this!) and some discoloration, PLUS a cold sore -_- I have two days to get myself fixed up - and yes, I'm seeing my bf in less than 24 hrs, but I've given up on being fixed for that - but please any tips are soooo welcome! (I'm supposed to be making my first "real" appearance with his friends, after 2 years, it's about time!)
Old 07-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Not a girl... but soak on a warm tub and exfoliate. Follow up with a good lotion... not one of the scented ones.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

I've been slathering on the Lubriderm. I just hope my concealer and foundation are ready for this. AND I got a sty so whooopdeedo. But I think that's gone so I can at least wear my contacts
Old 07-17-2011, 06:04 PM
FitDay Member

I've never allowed myself to get burned that badly but I have heard it's best to let the skin peel itself rather than trying to help it along.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:19 PM
FitDay Member

It really wasn't a bad burn, no pain or anything. So I was a little surprise. And, needless to say, home cold sore remedies did not work. My lip is swollen up like a small acorn. :\
Old 07-17-2011, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

If you can get to a doctor or even one of those drugstore clinics, you can get a prescription for Zovirax (they have pills and a cream); that clears it up pretty quickly. My son is prone to them so we always have some on hand and it really does work. Good luck!
Old 07-17-2011, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Aloe, aloe, aloe vera, lots of it, on the hour. In this heat it's going to be gross and sticky, but it works wonders. You can either use the plant or a bottle of the green goo, I swear by the Vaseline brand. I'm going to second the Zovirax. I don't get cold sores, but my mom does. That stuffs works in like 1-2 days. If you can't get a prescription there is one you can buy over the counter, but at the moment I can't remember the name, you'll know it by the price tag cha-ching.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

I know it's lame, but I called outta work because of how bad it hurt and how big my lip was. My roommate gave me some tylenol, but I think this is a reaction to sun and stress. Maybe I should take it easy for the day.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

Cold sores are really painful. The over the counter stuff is, I think, called Abreva. It is quite pricey and I didn't think it worked that well, but it was about 7 years ago that we tried it. Stress definitely exacerbates these...take it easy!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by binatangmerah
I can't remember the brand now, but I had success with a very expensive cold sore medication that was about $20 for a single application. I then discovered that the active ingredient (Benzalkonium CL 0.13%) was the same as that in Bactine, which is an antiseptic that costs about $7 for a big bottle. Since then, I've been using Bactine. If I start treating the cold sore as soon as it begins to form, it will disappear without a trace in 2 days. If I don't catch it that early, the sore will still develop, but stays small and is gone in about a week. Ice also helps in the earliest stages. Good luck!
I;ve been slathering it in abreva, and it's drying up, which is good. I feel like the homemade remedies would have worked if i didn't have so many/ it werent so damn big. There's a reason why I cover my lips in sunscreen when I go out, idk why I didnt do it this time.