View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 01:47 AM   #1008 (permalink)
NYCMike
FitDay Member

Hope everyone is doing well... Another week in the books and things are going really well. I actually ran/walked 4 miles today (which is really good). There is a backstory...

I actually love running and during the most healthy times in my life, I was running 2-3x a week. I actually ran the NYC marathon in 2009 (and found myself 18 months later up 100+ lbs...wow, did I just admit that to this forum, jeez). Also during that 18 months I herniated a disk in my back which put me out of commission for a couple of months. I have been eager to start again, but at almost 350 lbs, it is not really an option. So, once I broke 300, I decided it was time, and I ran/walk 3x in the last week (btw, run/walk just means I take turns between jogging and walking). My body and back honestly feel great.

Anyways, I continue to read all the posts (I'm so proud of the many of you that are killing it right now) and welcome the newbies to the boards... I look forward in cheering your accomplishments and picking you up when you are down... we are all in this together.
June 12, 2012 - current weight - 188

July 4th, Near term Goal 10 - 180
April 6th - Near term Goal 9 - 199 (Met!)
February 18th - Near term Goal 8 - 210 (Met! March 9)
January 12th - Near term Goal 7 - 225 (Met! Jan 5)
November 12 - Near term Goal 6 - 245 (Met! - Nov 9th)
Total Lost: 153 Lbs
NYCMike is offline   Reply With Quote