Thread: Hi :)
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
vegantastic86
FitDay Member

Default Hi :)

Hi people. Just discovered this very cool website and I've just spent the last 90mins entering all of today's food onto the planner. I'm a vegan (obviously ) and I'm going to use FitDay as way of roughly estimating my daily nutrient intakes in order to highlight any nutrients I may be lacking (only been vegan 6-7 months). I did a lot of research before going vegan and I'm pleased to report that I am more than meeting the RDA for nearly all of the vitamins and minerals (only one days data I know, but today was very typical of my usual diet). But my calcium intake could be a bit higher. Vit D is fairly low but with it being summer at the moment I am making sure I get frequent sun exposure (don't worry, I'm in England so I'm not exactly frying here). Fats make up 35% of my diet, high as I expected but most of it is from MUFAs and PUFAs (I eat nuts,seeds, olive oli etc. daily). Still, I would like to lower my fat intake and increase protein intake a bit.

I didn't realise there were free planners like this one so I'm very happy to stumble across FitDay, wish I found it months ago!

It would be better if it also calculated iodine intake and omega 3-6-9 ratios as well but beggars can't be choosy I guess..

Last edited by vegantastic86; 07-17-2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: *realise
vegantastic86 is offline   Reply With Quote