View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kumochi
FitDay Member

I went to a Y trainer for strength and flexibility last month. His program and advise was as above although he has me doing 2 sets of 12 reps and increas the weights if I can do the 2 full sets. I am using 6 of the machines plus doing squats, modified push ups --( he plans on having me on the floor soon, I said I didn't do push ups -)Roll outs with the exercise ball and rowing with weights and some lifts with dumbells. My favourite is the assisted chinups cause it looks so cool. I warm up for 5 minutes first, rowing or elliptical, and do a bit of cardio after. He warned that too much warm up can lead to stretching the muscles too much when lifting.

I'm a bit of a wimp and likely should be increasing the weights faster than I am. I don't do pain well. I asked him today doing my upper body and lower body workout on the same day, he's not for that unless absolutely necessary. I had a hard time making it to the Y last week so have done both the last 2 times. I guess I'll be good and go back to one or the other.

It's amazing how fast you progress, even at my age! Mary

Restarting Jan 11th, 2014
Starting weight: 201.6
Current weight: April 15th, 2014 = 181.2
May 1st goal = 175

Ultimate goal Undecided ? 150 to be assessed once maintained for a while
Height 5' 3"
Age 67
Kumochi is offline   Reply With Quote