Notices

Jimmy99 from London

Old 07-16-2011, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default Jimmy99 from London

Just discovered this site today and I am very impressed by it.

I am 57 years old and up untill 7 weeks ago I weighed 216 pounds since then I have reduced this to 189 pounds by following Dr Clarks low carb diet book.

I have tried more calorie counting diet that I care to remember and given up on them just as many times but this one seems to be right for me, what you can eat is limited but you can eat as much as you like of the "allowed" food so I am never hungry (it is boring though)

I have an old pair of Levi 501's (34" waist) and getting into them again is my target.

Age 57
height 5ft 7"
Waist 38" (was 40 start of June 2011)
BMI 29.6 (was 32)
Old 07-18-2011, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Jimmy

I joined this site last week, I am down in Dorset in the UK, I have about 3st to lose and am also doing a low carb diet, 'Neris and India's Idiot Proof Diet' I have been doing it for 6 days so far and have lost 6lbs, so am loving the results so far! I too have done everything in the past, Weight Waters, Slimming World, Atkins, but gradually end up putting it all back on again!

Just keep those Levis in mind!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hello & welcome Jimmy!
I had similar stats when I started- 38waist, now a 32 and my BMI was in the 30's and I started out at 212lbs and got to 154lbs, but I have "leveled" out 165lbs.
Sounds like you are on the right track and this site will be a humongous help in tracking your calories.
Good Luck!
Cheers, SW