View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 01:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rubystars
FitDay Member

2500 really isn't that many calories so don't flip out. I think you're doing awesome to be able to eat that many calories. Before I started to eat healthy I was eating around 4000-5000 a day. I wasn't eating massive amounts of food, just what I was eating was high fat/high calorie (like Hungry Man Frozen Dinners) and it added up. Now I'm easily eating around 1400 every day and I even have to make sure I eat enough.

My suggestion is to make sure you're getting your 5 a day (servings of fruits and vegetables). This will displace more calorie dense food and make it easier for you to eat fewer calories.

I've been eating very large plates of strawberries and kiwi or strawberries and blueberries and they would come in at about 100 to 150 calories for a big styrofoam plateful of them. I found out how many calories by weighing the ounces on a food scale and finding strawberries, raw and blueberries, raw in the fit day food search and using the ounces feature to add the calories in to my log. You can also do this with carrot pieces or cucumbers or any other type of wonderful vegetables or fruits you like. Fill up on a BIG loaded plate of fruits and/or vegetables and then drink a big glass of water as one or more of your meals or as a low calorie snack. I guarantee if you eat 100-200 calories worth of strawberries and blueberries it would make you feel super full. Same with cucumbers, gosh eat as many as you want with a little bit of salt and pepper or just plain.

I like Kroger Carb Master Yogurt, it's only 60 calories and has good protein.

This is my menu for today
Jif Creamy Peanut Butter 190
4 wheat bread slice 280
Polaner Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves 20
Kroger Carb Master Strawberry/Pomegranate Yogurt 60
Angelcot 20
Lifewater Cherimoya Punch 3
Strawberries, raw 6.15 ounces 56
Blueberries, raw 4 ounces 65
2 Egg, whole, boiled 154
Starkist Chunk Light Tuna in Water Whole Can 100
Veg Kabob Estimate 200
Lean Cuisine Steak Tips Dijon Dinner 280
Fudgsicle Sugar Free Fudge Bar 40

Total 1,468 Calories

See how I spread it out with fruits and vegetables?

Last edited by Rubystars; 07-16-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Rubystars is offline   Reply With Quote