Notices

Hello from Canada, eh!

Old 07-14-2011, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello from Canada, eh!

Hello all!

I've been using fitday to track my food intake for the last month, testing out a paleo lifestyle and finding it working for me, so decided to move in and get comfy here

I got started on this whole thing because I was feeling really ill. I am 49 years old and my body was telling me... "Look! I am not going to keep carrying around all this extra weight. Make up your mind. Eat yourself to death or do something about it." Weighing in at 300 lbs. the most I've ever weighed, and struggling for breath when I was just doing simple house work, I knew it was now or never, it was time to quit my couch potato career. For a couple of months I tried the "low fat, smaller portion, 6 meals/snacks a day" thing, but I found myself always thinking about food, what I was going to eat next, when I could eat something that would satisfy my growing hunger. Needless to say, it wasn't working for me, I'm just not used to eating that often, and I don't want to be so obsessive about food for the rest of my life. Because I know I can't "Diet" but I have to make lifestyle changes.

When I stumbled on paleo, I was skeptical to say the least but decided to give it 60 days and see how I feel. After 30 days, I find it suits me well, I'm feeling better, have more energy, eating much healthier food and not feeling deprived. Often I feel so satisfied, I skip a day and don't eat a thing. (I have lots of body fat my body can utilize) My goal weight is 150 so I'll be here awhile.

Anyway, that's my story in a nutshell. If anyone is interested in a daily accountability buddy, let me know
Old 07-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay! I think if I skipped a day eating I'd be ready to shoot someone.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:45 PM
FitDay Member

HI there . . . !!!
I am new here too, and that is the best intro i have ever read in any fitness forum
See you around.

Link removed. Contact FitDay if you would like to advertise.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 07-16-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Moxy! Sounds like you have figured out a plan that works for you! That is a great start to winning in the end.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys