Notices

Determined in Texas

Old 06-12-2011, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Determined in Texas

Hello everybody my name is Emerald and well needless to say I am here for a reason I am a 27 yr old female that is married and has a daughter that will be 11 in October. I signed up for fitday on June 9. I am beginnning this journey because at 27 years old my joints are hurting and I know I shouldn't be hurting like this. So I have decided to make changes in my life my husband has struggled with his weight his whole life me not so much when we were dating at 16 I weighed 145 and was so stacked. Now at 27 I am 240lbs and just unhappy with myself and the place that I am in with this battle with my weight. My ultimate goal to start with is to get down to 180 first and go from there. I have joined for help and encouragement from the whole community. Thanks for listening I am off my soap box for now.

Last edited by Emerald83; 06-15-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Hi, Emerald, welcome to Fit Day. There is a lot of support here, so take a look around some of the other threads. If you have any questions, do a post and someone or several someones will be happy to help. It's not easy, but it's do-able, so congrats to you for taking the first step.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

You can do it. Fitday has all the tools. A calendar (you keep a food log and update your weight when you have an accurate weight, journal for any kind of notes or reflection) that shows when you're covering the bases with consistency. You can look at the calendar and see that you are plugging away at it every day. You can look at the food log and see if you've eaten more calories than what you need to lose weight. You can produce all kinds of reports to show that what you are doing needs tweaking - or is just fine the way it is. Fitday will help you get to your goal, or you will know why!

Support in the forums will help you, too.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, I'm new also just stoping by to say Hi and the best of luck to you.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck to you, it sounds like you have the motivation!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Update

Well everybody I am doing great I started working out Friday atfer I got my membership. I worked out Saturday and Monday and didn't go yesterday but I went today and I feel great.I am keeping up with my food every day I even think I have an ally in my daughter they have kids Zumba and she sat in on a class she was super excited about Monday or Tuesday of next week learning how to belllydance. I guess I am headed in the right direction.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:38 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on getting started, and on getting the daughter involved! When I started this I thought it was a personal journey, but it turns out one of the best benefits is that my children are much more aware of what a healthy lifestyle is all about. You're going to do this, I can tell already.

For your achy joints you might try increasing your water intake, it helps me tremendously. If I don't get enough water in during the day I wake up achy and swollen the next morning. The suggested amount is 64 oz baseline + an additional 8 oz for every 10lbs you want to lose.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Hello again

Although I haven't been to the gym this week I did go last week and have my workouts I accidently hit the pole at the grocery store and dinged my husband's truck but I am estatic I have come to report that I went from weighing 244 and am now down to 237 wooo hooo go me baby steps but it's in the right direction
Old 06-28-2011, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Awwwww yeah, you weigh the same as me (as far as I know I weigh weekly). Keep up the good work!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Hello

I think it is funny I looked at ur weight goals and 180 is the same weight I want to get down to at first too wow isn't that crazy oh yeah and btw we didn't start Fitday that far apart I started on June 8 or 9

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.