View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #991 (permalink)
mecompco
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren6609 View Post
It has been a journey I am not sure I was capable of taking. Unlike you tough people I had to use a crutch and have gastric bypass. I am not positive this procedure is in my long term interest but knew a decision had to me made. Well, with the information I had available I made the best decision I could.

One thing I can say is this tool I am burdened with does force some element of compliance. I might also say I am now a cheap date! Went to a fast food taco joint the other day and could not finish the re-fried beans I ordered ($1.19) No drink, nothing just the stupid beans and they kicked my lil' tubby butt! As far as tubby goes I sat at the table struggling to eat those beans in size 42 trousers. I know they are still sizable but they are a long way from the 54's I was wearing just a few weeks ago!

I might also say I wandered into FitDay and this forum not knowing what to expect and found some great people. While I do not post a great deal, you may rest assured I am checking the posts on a daily basis. Mike, Jen, Felicity and my Smithville Buddy (Mr. Hut Or is that Mr. The Hut?) are a great source of conversation. I also love to read the wisdom of our moderator Medcompo and the Wildbeanerz always has some good stuff to toss in the mix. In short, I am very comfortable here. I hope you will all feel free to check in anytime.

All my best
Bill, so glad to hear you're doing well! I would not be apolgetic about the WLS. I've given it consideration myself, from time to time. And if I didn't have an abject dislike of all things Dr. and hospital related I might have done it.

I do know from other people I know that it is not a panacea and that you DO have to make some behavoir modifications or you can end up right back where you were. So, I think FitDay is a good idea and if the WLS is the tool you need to help get the weight off, so what?

Do keep us informed as to your progress!

Regards,
Michael

PS (and if it's too personal, no need to answer) You must be fairly tall--at 224 and 5'8" or so I'm still in still 38 relaxed jeans and at 393+ I was in 60 relaxed. Of course, most of my excess seems to accumulate around the middle.

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote