View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
mandab1
FitDay Member

Unhappy My diet is making me a bit of a....

I've been doing so well with my diet! I've been doing really well at staying within my calorie range but I'm doing it all alone. Last night my husband came home from the grocery store and made, for himself, a huge steak, yeast rolls, and a sauce made with heavy whipping cream and everything was buttered. So, I got to smell it and sit and watch him chow down while I ate a handful of grapes and little cottage cheese.

Watching him eat that infuriated me! So of course then the jabs began, and I started getting upset with every little thing he did for the rest of the night. He didn't understand why I was getting so angry with him and in the moment I didn't either. I shouldn't get so upset with him, it's my diet/lifestyle change, not his. Needless to say, my diet is making a bit of b**** towards my husband. It's making me feel like a bad person to be this way towards him when it's not his fault, but hurtful words just fly out of my mouth before I realize and unfortunately I can't put them back.

Can anyone else relate to this? How do you handle it?
mandab1 is offline   Reply With Quote