Notices

Hi Community

Old 07-10-2011, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi Community

Hello everyone.

A few years ago I got serious and lost 50 pounds in 7 months. I could have lost another 20 but I felt great and I'm a stress eater and we were moving so.... Slowly 20 pounds have crept back on. I want to lose them and this time finish the job.

I've been hearing in the news that quitting soda (even calorie-free) and keeping a journal have been shown to help so those are the first two steps I've taken. Looking for an on-line journal is what brought me here.

BTW I won't be able to lose it the way I lost it the last time. I was running then and now my feet are torn up. I'll be reading all of your posts for more good ideas to implement. I hope to be successful and get to know and encourage others.

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay. I try not to drink anything but water. What's wrong with your feet?
Old 07-10-2011, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy wish i had an answer for u

wish i had an answer for how to lose the weight. i struggle daily. every single dad gum morning i get up and start again. by breakfast im struggling again. i lost 40 lbs in 2003 and gained it back in 2008 when i changed jobs twice. now i'm almost over 200 lbs again. so freaking depressing. and i really, really hate it when i see other people who eat like crazy and are a normal weight. arrgghh!!!! i truly, truly hate it!! i hate my body. i hate my freaking mind that can't overcome this struggle. it's just not freaking fair. i've tried everything. u name it, i've done it. last time i did weight watchers and lost 10 lbs. that was it! in months and months!! if i had all the money and time i've invested in weight loss, i'd be rich!! i just want to say f-it and stop worrying about it. my husband is very athletic and i can't just f-it for his sake. dang! i need help.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:28 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome. One problem is heel spurs that keep me from being able to wear a shoe with a heel counter (the back part). The other problem is that my second metatarsal bone is longer than the first which is quite common but it's just worn my pad out I guess so even with corrective supports it's a bit like walking on marbles. The nerve is damaged there as well. I trying to learn to love biking instead but I don't love it so far.

Great work and I think progress pics are a good idea!
Old 07-11-2011, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! Congrats on the decision to find the healthier you! You have come to a great place for support and encouragement. If you are anything like me, you will come to love that part. I thrive on encouragement!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks wildbean

Looks like you are making good progress. Keep it up.

How do you make a signature line here so that you can put your stats.

Everyone has it figured out but me....

PS. I've got a teenager too. That's a whole other forum I'm sure... and the stress eating that goes with it!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Newlee, look at the blue bar about a third of the way down the screen; click on User CP all the way on the left, then look over to the left side of that screen. Click on Edit Signature and you can do a custom sig there. Welcome to FitDay!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks cj

I did it!! I appreciate the information. Thanks for the help.

(Sorry Cassie, Didn't realize you put your name there and just grabbed the cj from your user name.)

Last edited by Newlee11; 07-11-2011 at 07:45 AM. Reason: to correct name in title (not allowed though)
Old 07-11-2011, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Yay! You got it! ... Teens! Ughhh. LOL There is an off topic forum here if you ever want to talk about them. I'm sure we could all compare notes.