Notices

New from California

Old 07-09-2011, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default New from California

Hello. I just turned 48 years old a couple of days ago and after half-heartedly trying to lose weight I decided that I really need to hunker down and DO IT! I'm 5'2" and as of today I weight 200.2. This is the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I'm one of those who as a young adult ate anything and everything and couldn't gain a pound, I weighed 118 when I got married. Over the years it has just crept up on me, that and 3 children.

Today I went to the doctor and got diet pills.

I have been scrimping and saving and investing so that I can retire at age 55, pretty sure I will be able to and that's not an easy thing being a single woman. I realized that I am investing so much in that but I haven't been investing in ME. What good does it do if I am able to retire but because of weight and/or health, I am not able to do the things that I want to do?

So, this is the first day...
Old 07-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Pam, welcome to FitDay. Investing in you will be one of the most rewarding journeys you've ever made. You've worked hard and you deserve this, so take the time you need to get healthy and lose the weight. Sometimes when you've spent your life giving it all to others, it feels strange to make yourself a priority...but it's a necessary change. You are exactly right; you don't want to spend your retirement not feeling well enough to take the bull by the horns and give yourself a wonderful ride!
Old 07-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Well said Cassie. Welcome to FitDay Pam!