Notices

Exercise for disabilities??

Old 07-05-2011, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Exercise for disabilities??

Hi everyone,

I've talked to numerous doctors and I've had about a dozen suggestions from them but I'd like to hear some real opinions from people who have went through it! I have low back pain related to slipped disks and other issues, I tried swimming for a while but it didn't help stregthen my back or help me lose any weight so I'm headed back out for any suggestions I don't have much time except 3 evenings and weekends so something I could do around the house or even in the office would be helpful. Any thoughts??
Old 07-05-2011, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure how serious your injury is but I recently injured my lower back and I do all of my workouts sitting or laying down. I can get in a full (normal weight training) workout like that.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

I also have back issues and I was told to take an light aquafit course - they are usually offered at the YMCA or in my city community centres. I was told it is good to do as there is little pressure put on your joints as the water makes you boyant (you only weigh 10% ie: your weight 150 lbs on land in water 15 lbs). It has helped me in my mobility and has increased my muscle strength. Good luck in finding somethingthat works for you.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Can you get your doctor to perscribe physical therapy and then see what the therapist suggests?