Notices

Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11

Old 06-27-2011, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11

I fell off the wagon last week, so I'm cracking the whip and climbing back on now. Were taking a long weekend and going out of town, so at a minimum I need to behave myself for a couple of days just to keep from getting completely out of hand. So goals for this week are:

1. 1,500 calories M-Th, a little more FSS (weekend trip).
2. Exercise 4 hours.
3. 96 oz of water daily
4. Calorie deficit of 3,000 for the week
5. Weigh myself and record it daily.
6. Take measurements

Other stuff:

1. Get garden and flower beds weeded, Preened and fertilized.
2. Help kids get 4-H projects done.
3. Work on church project 2 hours min.
4. Housework
Monday, bathrooms, living room, laundry
Tuesday, bedrooms, laundry
Wednesday, kitchen, dining room, den, laundry

Well gotta go the weeds are calling my name.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Amy! I need to someone to crack a whip!!!

Fitness
1) 1600 calories maximum (maybe more realistic)
2) walk or gym 4x this week
3) 64 oz water minimum
4) stretch
5) cut sugar
6) reduce carbs

Other
1) write 1 hour daily
2) meditate
3) don't fight with DD
4) find vet for other cats and bring em
5) make vacation plans
6) make plans to visit colleges
7) listen
8) fixed blocked ear (odd I know)
Old 06-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator

Amy, I'm in! I definitely need the whip cracked on me, I've been MIA every week for the past month. I'll post my goals later (too much of a PITA now b/c I'm on my phone). Mainly wanted to sticky this...
Old 06-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Yep, I need to get back on the Monday morning train. Had good news on my body fat analysis Saturday AM and apparently took that to mean that I could eat anything and everything Saturday night. We went to a churrascaria; the worst offenders were the mashed potatoes and the fried bananas, but really, I snacked all day, and way too much, so I'm putting the brakes on before I lose any more ground.

1. Balance calories in & out.
2. Exercise 6 times.
3. Drink 64 oz. of water or more.
4. Sleep at least 7 hours a night.

5. Don't buy new clothes, no matter how good the sales!
6. Work a little on organizing photos for scrapbooks every day.
7. Make final decision on bathing suit before Saturday; return others.
8. Gotta do it...smile more, bitch less!

Hope you all have an awesome week!!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!

I sure need a good whip cracking too! I spent 3 weeks in New York City eating, shopping, eating and doing lots of stuff like going to museums, art galleries, shows and eating lots, but no exercise! As a result my clothes are feeling more snug. I still haven't got the hang of traveling! And I do so much of it, so this is a bit of a problem!

This past week however I have been good about exercising. I did 4 hours of it and I am ready for another week of fitness and healthy eating.

GOALS:

1. Eat between 1100-1400 calories per day
2. Exercise 4 hours
3. Drink 10-12 glasses of water
4. Take my multi-vitamin
5. Eat over 30% protein
6. NO SUGAR!

That's it for now. I may add some non-diet related goals later...

Hope everyone is well. I have missed you all and have peeked in every few days.

To HOPE: I am so so sorry about your kitty. She sounds like she was a real joy to have around and I know you must miss her. The fact that you came back to the forum shows me how strong a person you are. I admire you for that! Sending a big virtual hug to you... xo
Old 06-27-2011, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

1) avg 65g carbs for the week
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week
3) gallon of water per day
4) workout 3 times
Old 06-27-2011, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
To HOPE: I am so so sorry about your kitty. She sounds like she was a real joy to have around and I know you must miss her. The fact that you came back to the forum shows me how strong a person you are. I admire you for that! Sending a big virtual hug to you... xo
Thank you, Rose. She was such a little sweetie. Baby Phoebe. DH and I still can't get over it. But we are trying. Our friends have been great but it's been hard to talk about it and impossible for my husband. This Fitday community has been such great support to me in so many ways. Having people like you here is such a blesssing.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone!

I'm back from my trip to visit my family - it was fun but also stressful as there was some family drama (or the meltdown/fighting type) --- not me, but between my father and an aunt, and OY! Glad to be back to reality today.

I had weighed before I went home (on Thursday) and the scale said 176 (a small uptick from Monday, actually) and I weighed this morning (I was feeling brave!) and it said 176.6 -- so that's not too bad at all considering that I was traveling and ate all but one meal out!

Back on the wagon today! I'll catch up with everyone properly later, and I will totally post a picture of my cute pink dress once I get them uploaded (or my sister uploads a better one, haha!)

Weekly Goals

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals
1) Achieve a 3,500 calorie deficit by food alone
2) Achieve a total 7,500 calorie deficit by a combination of food and exercise
3) 30 Day Shred six days of the week
4) Two days of "extra cardio" exercise
5) At least 96 oz. of water daily
6) Do not weigh until Friday
7) Achieve a roughly 50/30/20 (C/P/F) ratio for the week (I'm flexible on this - really I want the protein to be at 30!)

Other Life Goals
1) Get my head back in research!!
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day
3) Clean something every day
4) Work on my sewing at least 5 hours this week
Old 06-27-2011, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Check-In

1. 1,500 calories M-Th, a little more FSS (weekend trip). 1,454
2. Exercise 4 hours. 45 min (total 0:45)
3. 96 oz of water daily. Y
4. Calorie deficit of 3,000 for the week. -1,162 (weekly total -1,162)
5. Weigh myself and record it daily. Y
6. Take measurements. N

Other stuff:

1. Get garden and flower beds weeded, Preened and fertilized. Garden is nearly weeded & fertilized!
2. Help kids get 4-H projects done. A little
3. Work on church project 2 hours min. N
4. Housework
Monday, bathrooms, living room, laundry
Tuesday, bedrooms, laundry
Wednesday, kitchen, dining room, den, laundry

Did really well out at the garden today. Mom and I pulled weeds from all but 3 rows, which we should be able to finish up on Wednesday. Then the girls stayed with grandma and went horseback riding while I raced home and gave sewing lessons to my boys. Well they aren't my boys, they are my sewing students, they are both making wizard cloaks for the 4-H fair (and for Halloween). Then I went to the gym while the girls were at swimming practice. So now I'm beat, feeling every bit of the whip cracking at me. I did well with calories today, for a change. Mom even had stuff to make salad, how crazy is that? And then a friend of mine gave me a giant bag of salad for dinner.

I'm glad everybody is back on track, it feels good to be back in control after the last couple of days of eating whenever and whatever. I actually woke up this morning feeling bloated and horrible and thought "No more, I don't have to feel this way, with a little effort and self control I can feel much better than this".

terri, glad to hear that your trip was not a spiral dive off the diet train. Looking forward to the pink dress pic.

Mike thanks for the sticky.

Cassie, just how many bathing suits do you have to choose from?

jjeand, whip cracking over you right now, crack crack crack, get back on that train!!!

Canary, so sorry about the fur baby, hugs. And I totally agree that the fitday forum is a blessing.

Hey mtlgirl, you just left the city and I'm headed there this weekend!

Last edited by almeeker; 06-27-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

I'm back for another week. Was away for the weekend however I think I maintained. Will know better by tomorrows weight. Goals this week same as last.

Eat less than 1600 calories daily, 1350
Get lots of exercise - burn 2500, today 2650
Start my new Y training tomorrow; I signed up for 5 hours - forgot to tell him I'm a wimp so will see how tomorrow goes. I do like some of his suggestions for building core strength. It really helps to have a double reason for training.
Get a new haircut
Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.