Notices

hit the wall at 230 only 2 weeks in :(

Old 06-24-2011, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default hit the wall at 230 only 2 weeks in :(

Hey all,

My loss has stopped which is confusing and annoying because my deficit is around 1700 calories where its reccomended 1100 for my goal. Ive been stuck at 230 for a week now. Im eating right 1500 or less cals and im exercising.

My body measurements have gone up not down and my weight loss has stalled. what am i doing wrong? you can check out all im eating and doing, its all public. Im thinking i should try going down to 1000 cals a day

Please help

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Home.h...ate=1308873600.
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...ate=1308700800.
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/BodyMs...ate=1308700800.

Last edited by lee201255; 06-24-2011 at 06:40 AM. Reason: adding stats
Old 06-25-2011, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lee201255
Hey all,

My loss has stopped which is confusing and annoying because my deficit is around 1700 calories where its reccomended 1100 for my goal. Ive been stuck at 230 for a week now. Im eating right 1500 or less cals and im exercising.

My body measurements have gone up not down and my weight loss has stalled. what am i doing wrong? you can check out all im eating and doing, its all public. Im thinking i should try going down to 1000 cals a day

Please help

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Home.h...ate=1308873600.
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...ate=1308700800.
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/BodyMs...ate=1308700800.
Strange ... those links brought MY OWN food and weight reports, not yours.
In any event ... it's not a big deal. Are you a man or woman?
What do you weigh and what are you trying to attain in what time period?
It sounds like you have an extreme deficit, so probably cut out a lot of carbs, which hold a lot of water, and probably accounted for most of your weight loss the first week or two. Your body is adjusting.

If you're having a deficit of like 1000Kcals a day then you will lose 1 pound of fat a week, on average - at least! Forget about what the scale says. Forget about what you look like. Don't watch the pot boil you will drive yourself crazy.

I'd have questions about that recommendation, but if it's a healthy plan with your vital nutrition met and you are not hungry often, then stick with it and just keep at it
Old 06-26-2011, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Futureiznow,

I'm male 33 and weigh 230. I have been eating 1500 or so calories a day for a little over a week now. The calories on average show a 48%/30%/22% carb/protien/fat composition. All the carbs I've been getting are from fruit, vegtables, whole grain bread and bran.

I've been moving much more I walk at least 4 miles a day and sometimes i hit the gym for up to an hour of aerobic

As i saod previously I'm running big numbers for deficit my average is 1600 eaten and 3700 burned this goes up to around 6000 burned on the days i work.

I need to see results to belive and stick with the plan, either in the scales dropping or body measurements. I guess o just feel disheartened when im trying so hard and see the scale not budge AND the tape measure staying at the same length.

Oh i followed Mecompco advice about really drinking ALOT more water a couple days ago too

Thanks

Lee
Old 06-26-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Lee, just keep it up. Our bodies do take time to respond sometimes. What "lifestyle" setting are you using to figure your burn? Are you adding in 8 hours of sleep? Although my average weight loss is around 3 pounds a week for the last 60 weeks it HAS slowed down as I get smaller.

Give it another week and see what happens. You also might try cutting the carbs a bit, even though they are "good" carbs. I don't know why, but the 40/30/30 mix (on a daily average, not per meal) seems to work pretty well for me. I know many who do better on even less carbs and more protein.

This really is a trail and error thing. In any case, don't give up--if you're consistanly running a decent calorie deficit, weight loss MUST happen.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-26-2011, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

People tend to get sloppier about measuring as time goes on. So, the exercise and low-calories should be working but one of those is probably being overestimated. That said, who cares? If you think you should go 'lower' in calories, then try that.... it will just mean you're cutting out a little more or working your body a little more. Which helps get through a plateau.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

I'm a full time student and work part time in an auto shop on weekends. I sit down at the computer to study a lot of the time or just to take a break so I have my lifestyle setting at seated some movement.

I would consider my lifestyle previously as seated. I now make a conscious effort to get up and walk around, do something else when I take a break, perhaps I do have the wrong setting. I'm measuring my cups of food as accurately as I can and trying to make sure I log everything I eat, changing it as needed from the days plan

I don’t know how accurate the activities section is but I do log what I do into it. Typically I'll:

Walk 4 miles around the city meridian lines in a little over an hour 568 cals
do 20 mins on the ski/stepper machine 197 cal
20 mins biking machine 154 cal
20 mins lifting weights 84 cal
and work 8 hrs auto shop 2695 cal

added to 1800 cals lifestyle comes to 5528 cals on the weekend and 3933 cals every day during the week (if I have time/energy ill go on a second 3-4 mile walk). I .... just expected to see results, not necessarily quicker but certainly more constant with big calorie deficits like this.

I'm trying to build up to start jogging the 5k but want to lose some fat on the belly first because I feel scared for my knees and ankles besides the fact I’ve never jogged that far before.

I’ll try lowering my carbs down to 40% for the day as you advised to see if that helps. Thank you all for the advice and ill keep you posted on my change

Thank you all

Lee

Last edited by lee201255; 06-26-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-27-2011, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Lee, it sounds to me like you might be doing almost too much. Burning too many calories in a day will cause your body to store the little calories that you do have as fat to use for energy later. It also seems to me that you might be the type of person that is measuring yourself daily. Try to do it once a week, for instance my day is Sat. Don't obsess about not losing weight, as it won't help you at all, and your motivation will go down.

Lot's of people here seem smart, and are here to help you.

Tell me exactly what you had for dinner the past few days and I might be able to figure something out.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

ok here goes

Breakast

1/2 cup rasin bran w/ 1/2 cup 1% milk
1 slice wholegrain toast w/ very small amount of butter and pinch cayene pepper
1 yopliat fat free yogurt
16 oz coffee with 1/4 cup 1% milk

mid morning 2 whey protien shake (strawberry) 1 before 1 after workout. Both are single scoops with 8oz of water

Lunch

2 slices wholgrain bread
3 slices deli turkey breast (the thinnest setting idk the actual thickness, shaved)
4 1/4" slices tomato
1/2 cup romain
pinch of cayenne
24 oz tea w/ 1/4 cup 1% milk

Dinner

1 chicken leg w/ skin salt and cayenne and lemon juice baked
1/2 cup brocoli
1/2 cup cauliflour
3/4 cup cabbage
24oz tea w/ 1/4 cup 1% milk

100 or so oz of water

Thats everything thats gone in my pie hole last day or 2 each day

Ive considered adding an egg to bring protien up. and will keep cals up to about 1500 a day. I have been doing alot more than sitting on my butt lately and i never feel hungry anymore.

I weigh myself daily before dinner at aroud 6pm and measure my stats twice a week wednesday and saturday at the same time

Last edited by lee201255; 06-28-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

That actually doesn't look like too bad of a plan, although I'm not sure about the two whey shakes. Wait for someone with more experience with whey, because I have no clue about the stuff.

Although I do know that if you drink too much whey it can add fat and not muscle.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

ahh see above posts. I cut the carbs down by swapping an orange in the morning, a pear with my sandwich at lunch and a potato at night with the 2 shakes

Last edited by lee201255; 06-28-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.