Originally Posted by almeeker
I lost weight because being fat sucks. -Drew Cary
I think that actually sums it up pretty well, but I have a short list of better reasons. I want to lose weight because:
1. I'm a mom to 3 fantastic DD's and I want them to grow up with healthy habits and a healthy relationship with food.
2. I do not want to be the mom sitting on the park bench, I want to be the mom running down the soccer field stealing the ball from the kiddos for the break-away goal that wins the imaginary World Cup - and the crowd goes wild FORZAAAAA! Cause that mom is waaaaay fun.
3. I want to know (and play with) my grandkids and great grandkids.
4. I want to feel like heart attack is a slight "possibility", rather than an "inevitability".
5. When I'm in shape and at a healthy BMI I have heaps of energy, I'm super productive and a ton of fun. Who wouldn't want that?
Well said! I regret that my DD has the same weight issues as do her parents. I'm hoping she'll change her ways while she's still young and can better undo the damage than I can.
47 M 5'8"
May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)
Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)
The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.