I lost weight because being fat sucks. -Drew Cary
I think that actually sums it up pretty well, but I have a short list of better reasons. I want to lose weight because:
1. I'm a mom to 3 fantastic DD's and I want them to grow up with healthy habits and a healthy relationship with food.
2. I do not want to be the mom sitting on the park bench, I want to be the mom running down the soccer field stealing the ball from the kiddos for the break-away goal that wins the imaginary World Cup - and the crowd goes wild FORZAAAAA! Cause that mom is waaaaay fun.
3. I want to know (and play with) my grandkids and great grandkids.
4. I want to feel like heart attack is a slight "possibility", rather than an "inevitability".
5. When I'm in shape and at a healthy BMI I have heaps of energy, I'm super productive and a ton of fun. Who wouldn't want that?
Starting weight: 244.6 lbs. 10/01/09
Pounds lost: 80.6 lbs
Current weight: 164 lbs
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13