Notices

Are you a late night snacker? Here's a tip.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default Are you a late night snacker? Here's a tip.

Late night snacking is a bad thing to do, but if you follow this simple tip it might just help you cut out late night snacking completely.

Brush your teeth right after dinner!

If you brush your teeth right after dinner, you not only will feel more full. But you won't want to eat anything and have to brush your teeth again before bed.

It really helps, believe me.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

umm...really....ok
Old 06-26-2011, 05:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by beccafries
umm...really....ok
Don't knock it, it really works. Try it if you don't believe me.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

I'm with beccafries. I eat about 6:30, go to bed at 1. Even if I brushed 10 times, I'd still need a snack (or snacks) to keep my metabolism, my tummy, and my brain happy. I do well when I plan good snacks for the evening, but the toothbrushing thing has been around a long time and I'm sure it helps some folks, especially flossing, because who wants to floss all over again?

I disagree with late night snacking being a "bad thing to do." If you eat junk, and eat mindlessly, yes, but planned snacking helps keep your metabolism going and helps you avoid getting too hungry and then making bad choices and/or eating too much, IMO.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

I'm talking about bad snacking, eating carrots and such I do not consider "snacking".
Old 06-29-2011, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Another late night snacking tip. I haven't tried it, but it sounds reasonable: make yourself a "doggy bag" from dinner, even at home, ie, plan your dinner, but put half of it (or whatever) aside and eat it just before bedtime.

Like I said, I haven't tried it, but I do something in spirit. I usually plan a dessert, and it always is high in protein and usually involves fruit. So, tasty, but not carb intensive, fruit smoothy with added protein powder is typical in summer. I never have it with dinner, always just before bedtime, and feels like a treat.

The other kind of "bad" snacks - I can't even keep them in the house.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:29 PM
FitDay Member

Hey i would like to suggest Stretching at night is beneficial in many ways. Stretching out those muscles that you’ve used all day long helps you both recover and sleep better. It will also help you not eat, since eating is usually the last thing you feel like doing while stretching.Make a ritual. The easiest way to not eat (or drink) is to get yourself into a pattern that doesn’t include eating or drinking. No matter what you decide to try, continue long enough that it becomes habit. Then, eating and drinking will feel like the wrong thing to do instead of the norm.
hope this helps out..
thanks...
Please do not spam our site

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-11-2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spam removed
Old 07-10-2011, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

I think that brushing your teeth like that might help. I have not tried it for that particular reason, but it shouldn't hurt to try. I seem to have a crave for salted foods late at night. Usually a small portion of salted peanuts helps me.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

I watched an informational video that says craving salty crunchy foods indicates a magnesium deficiency. I have a terrible time eating at night... seems I can control myself any other time but then, two hours after dinner and I am totally out of control.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mrschildress
I watched an informational video that says craving salty crunchy foods indicates a magnesium deficiency. I have a terrible time eating at night... seems I can control myself any other time but then, two hours after dinner and I am totally out of control.
Are you having enough calories to satisfy you at dinner? Can you eat dinner a little bit later, or more slowly?