Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
New here and frustrated beyond anything!! >

New here and frustrated beyond anything!!

Community
Notices

New here and frustrated beyond anything!!

Old 06-23-2011, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default New here and frustrated beyond anything!!

Ok so this is my 12,452,900 time trying to loose weight.

I did so well last year, having lost almost 90 pounds but I gained about 70% of it back >.<

My last time, I tried an Atkins diet and while it did work flawlessly, there was a horrible drawback....once I ate once piece of yummy pasta I finished it off like a drug addict!!

Now, I am totally doing this the right way.

I am just sooo tired of being fat. Going into the women's department from petites is mildly depressing.

So, if I could meet some new friends and keep me accountable, I would be greatly in your debt!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Annah_H, and welcome.

I'm glad you found FitDay. There is a lot of support and accountability here, as well as some great tools to help you lose weight and keep it off. It's all about finding out what works for you...and what you can maintain over a lifestyle change, unlike a diet you go "on" and "off."

Check out the 7-Day-Motivational thread for accountability and friends. We usually start Monday, but people jump in whenever. It's been a bit slow this week, but always new folks are welcome.

Don't be a stranger on the forums and let us know if you have any questions

Last edited by cjohnson728; 06-23-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default frustration

don't know your age, but i'm 62 and can tell u the battle is never over. never. i stay frustrated. one step forward, two steps back at the moment. hard to get motivated after trying so hard and getting no results. the older u get, the harder it is. BUT i've learned to love me -- not my dress size. my husband loves me -- wishes i could lose 30 lbs b/c it's such a frustration for me and consumes a lot of my time and emotional effort -- but the me he loves and the me i love is the essence of me. the outside is me, too, but not everything. i won't give up, but i won't let a number on a scale or a dress tag define who i am.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

You know you lost the weight once. You can do it again. As you said, you know you can do it right this time, with the added advantage that you know how easy it was to put it back on! That's going to make you wary of those temptations and tendencies again, so that's going to help you.

Good luck! You can do it.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

It sounds to me like you need to work on self-compassion and liking yourself as you go through this process. There have been some studies that people who do this actually lose more weight than those that go through the hating-yourself, punishing-yourself mode.

So you ate a whole bowl of pasta. Forgive yourself, laugh about it and move forward. And know that you will probably have more days like that. And if you do, then enjoy the pasta while you are eating it!

I have gotten incredibly frustrated trying to lose weight, keeping track and then blowing it by binging. Now, I am trying something different. I am trying to eat slowly and enjoy my food. I also give myself permission to eat what I want, but for some things, I try to stay with small portions. But I eat slowly and enjoy those small portions. It seems to be working. I've lost a little weight. I am calmer and I haven't had that irrational urge to binge lately.

Good luck.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

I like your style, rmdaly! It's hard to remember to stay sane in the middle of pushing myself to accomplish a goal I've as of yet never accomplished. Just the other day, I was doing so well, and then ate about 900 calories worth of chocolate. Then, two days later, I blew my day by pigging out on Tuna Helper (?! Really, Tuna Helper? I'm ridiculous, I know...) Anyway, I'm really working on not holding those things against myself. I just get up the next day and try again, and as you say, I enjoyed the heck out of that chocolate while I was eating it!
Old 07-03-2011, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there welome to fitday. Im a stranger to the site for quite some time but im back hoping to gain some motivation.
Keeping the weight off isnt easy even week after week when the pounds are coming off slowly-it takes focus and determination day in day out. This is why fitday is so helpful because when the weeks and days are going either way-good or bad its a great place to come and share everything you are feeling.
You know you have got what it takes in you to achieve huge losses and you will do it again and we will all be here to help and congratulate you along the way.
I myself punish myself after eating nearly everything and this is bringing me down so much. To a point i am losing part of who i am. It just seems really hard to shake off.
Eating healthy and regularly is key and not depriving ourselves. Losing weight is all about a lifestyle change. Afterall its the good habits we make that need to stay wih us throughout our new slim lives. But lets get there first together and we can do this.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Anna, I am new to FitDay, too, and I can totally relate to your frustration. It took me almost a year to get off 40 pounds, and just 3 months to put on 30 of them. I am back on program and determined to make it all the way this time, and KEEP IT OFF! Don't give up! Here is one of my favorite quotes that keep me going: "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" (anonymous). We have to keep from letting our past failures affect our future success. We can do this! :-)
Old 07-13-2011, 08:10 PM
FitDay Member

Hi to both of you new guys. I've been here since the start of this year and try to post very regularly, it helps me focus and let's me whine out loud sometimes. Yes it is frustrating when you get so far and then go on what I like to call " a day of diet carnage". However my mantra is if you have more good days than bad, it'll work out eventually. This way is slow but it seems to work for me, I don't feel too deprived, I'm getting used to eating more healthy foods most of the time and as I start looking better it gets a little easier ( just a little) to stop shovelling the junk in without thinking. Best of luck to you, the people here are very supportive, we are all in this together.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Annah_H
Ok so this is my 12,452,900 time trying to loose weight.
LOL! Oh my... I've been there! Each diet I tried, I gained it all back plus more, so I figured why diet! I totally gave up trying for years.

For me, I realized I have to make lifestyle changes, and more importantly a diet that was healthy and one I could live with. Same with exercise... it has to be something I can enjoy, or I will lose interest when my willpower wanes.

I found making a list of the benefits I will gain from sticking to my resolve helps a lot. When I feel down, I read the list and it reminds me of why I got started in the first place. I also wrote down all my excuses and found ways to talk myself out of them when I do use them.

But it also helps to have someone give you a kick in the butt from time to time I live alone so its rather difficult for me to get that element. I have a dog, and when I'm late taking him out for a walk, he pesters me (but if I stare him down, he quits. haha) So if you are looking for someone to light a fire under you, I'd be happy to. Please do the same for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.