View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #936 (permalink)
WeightlossBoo
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Felicity, good to see you back! And congrats on your upcoming nuptials--how exciting!

In my life I've found that major life changes can be a great motivator to lose weight so keeping your mind on the wedding could be very good for you and helping to stay in control.

Now, what can we do to keep control of those cravings? I know I still get hit with the desire to pig-out once in a while and I know how it can just wash over you like a tidal wave. I get my mind onto something else immediately and that seems to work. I also have a "zero tolerance" for those useless foods that are my major weakness--basically sweets and baked goods. Now I "think" I could eat one and not go crazy, but why tempt fate? Crap like that is just useless calories anyway. Sure they taste good for a few seconds but I just don't think it's worth it.

So, welcome back to the fold, and just say the word if there's anything we can do to help.

Regards,
Michael

PS Continuing with the workouts is great--losing control of eating AND stopping exercise is a recipe for disaster (I've been there, done that, and still have the 8x T-shirts for proof).
Thanks Michael! It's been tough, but I'm not a person who likes to waste money so I've been dragging myself to the gym no matter what! I've made friends at the gym as well and I continue to enjoy my classes so it's made it easier. And even though I had been eating really badly, I was determined not to return to the stage where it hurt to run up stairs!

Good to see you're still here and being successful in your weight loss!!! You must look fab. x
19.75 Inches lost so far!
First Goal:March 23rd 2013 (birthday) - reach 250lbs
WeightlossBoo is offline   Reply With Quote