View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #934 (permalink)
mecompco
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo View Post
After having swine flu at Christmas I really struggled to get my mojo back and the result has been that I've gained around 20lbs in the last 6 months. Still been going to the gym, but my food addiction came back fiercely and I was unable to control what went into my mouth. Over the last couple of weeks I went back over 250lbs and I was completely mad at myself. Since then I've been fighting tooth and nail with myself to control cravings and get back in the game. It's a struggle everyday, but I'm hoping that by caring enough to come back here, be accountable and be inspired by everyone that I'll see a reason to continue. Also, I'm getting married to Mr Boo next September 1st, and I'm determined not to be massive in our wedding photos!
I hope you'll all have me back! Glad to see some familiar faces on the board still, and new ones too! xxxx
Felicity, good to see you back! And congrats on your upcoming nuptials--how exciting!

In my life I've found that major life changes can be a great motivator to lose weight so keeping your mind on the wedding could be very good for you and helping to stay in control.

Now, what can we do to keep control of those cravings? I know I still get hit with the desire to pig-out once in a while and I know how it can just wash over you like a tidal wave. I get my mind onto something else immediately and that seems to work. I also have a "zero tolerance" for those useless foods that are my major weakness--basically sweets and baked goods. Now I "think" I could eat one and not go crazy, but why tempt fate? Crap like that is just useless calories anyway. Sure they taste good for a few seconds but I just don't think it's worth it.

So, welcome back to the fold, and just say the word if there's anything we can do to help.

Regards,
Michael

PS Continuing with the workouts is great--losing control of eating AND stopping exercise is a recipe for disaster (I've been there, done that, and still have the 8x T-shirts for proof).

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote