Thread: Hullo!
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 12:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
bojibridge
FitDay Member

Cool Hullo!

Hey folks, just checking in here from Illinois. I joined FitDay three days ago, and so far, I'm enjoying all the tools and information. I've been a diabetic for 15 years now, but I've never had good control. I've spent the last six months really cleaning up my act, and managed to log an HbA1C of 6.8% (woot!) Now that I've turned that part of my life around, I want to seriously work on my weight. I've been at 180 lbs for several years, but when I got my blood sugars under control, I jumped up 10 lbs. I decided that I just wasn't going to worry about it, because to me, my diabetes control was more important, and I didn't want to try adding the stress of weight loss when I was already trying to make some serious life/health changes. Anyway, so I was at 195 back in March, and I'm currently at 189. I'd like to lose about 40 lbs. I've been seeing a nutritionist, and she recommended that I not dip down below 1600 calories a day, but I see many people are doing around 1200 calories. Anybody got any ideas about the disparity? Maybe a diabetes thing?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this new part of my lifestyle change journey!
bojibridge is offline   Reply With Quote