Notices

Fitday home page not displaying full login option

Old 06-14-2011, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fitday home page not displaying full login option

All of a sudden, the past 2 or 3 days, the homepage displays the box where I enter my user id, but the password box is missing. It still has the "sign in" button, so when I enter my user id, press "sign in" and of course it takes me to another screen that says "You are not logged in" and displays both the user id and password boxes to fill in. I am not having trouble logging in once I get there...I just think it is weird that all of a sudden the password box is no longer on the home page. Anyone else having this issue?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wlbearden
All of a sudden, the past 2 or 3 days, the homepage displays the box where I enter my user id, but the password box is missing. It still has the "sign in" button, so when I enter my user id, press "sign in" and of course it takes me to another screen that says "You are not logged in" and displays both the user id and password boxes to fill in. I am not having trouble logging in once I get there...I just think it is weird that all of a sudden the password box is no longer on the home page. Anyone else having this issue?
Same problem!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Michael, I am having a related problem with my account; security on my account is worse, not better, and I don't want to put the details out here for everyone on the internet to see. Is there an email that actually works that someone can take care of this? Thanks...
Yep. I found out awhile back that if you enter "fitday, (your screen name)" in the Google search box, many of your posts and your fitday profile will pop up for the whole world to see. That's why I took my pic down.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:51 PM
FitDay Member

Just a note for you to consider from a web design perspective...

Forcing folks to go through an extra click to get into their accounts will drive some percentage away. Internet users are notoriously impatient. You don't want to give them reasons to get impatient with FitDay.

Additionally, if you make current members go to a second page to log in, then many of us will bookmark the new login page (as I already have) and never look at the front page again. Assuming that you actually might put something relevant on the front page (announcements, etc.) and expect everyone to see it, this could be a bad thing.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:34 PM
FitDay Member

Default Password box

I, too, have no place for my pasword, I have to enter my username and then hit enter, and then there is a new sign in screen and the password box appears there. Both on IE, and Chrome. Although I am currently not using Chrome for Fitday since it isn't working properly, as I have posted already.

I was able to use it on Chrome for about 20 minutes today, and then it pooped out again!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Tech is still tinkering with the sign-on process. Fear not-- they are aware the current one is not ideal and if they can create one that is both faster AND more secure, they will; but security is the paramount concern here.

Paul
Old 06-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Administrator

At this time, everyone is doing the secure double sign-in. It's being workshopped by tech.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default No password field on FITDAY home page

I access my fitday account on computers with IE and Firefox browsers... both only show the username field on the fitday home page. Neither are allowing my login info to ramain resident. It's a pain in the you know what!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Second this motion

This site is more secure than my banking and investment sites.
It's great that privacy is valued, but what is the big secret?
If someone has a weight issue, then most of the time, it's not a secret.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Merging the new login thread with the existing one.

Yes, our tech team is tinkering with the login process, and yes, FitDay is very secure and we like it that way

They've been very good at keeping us in the loop on updates, and as they continue their site infrastructure work we'll keep sending updates about the login process.

Thank you for your patience, all,

Paul

Last edited by ibobi; 06-28-2011 at 06:06 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.