View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
taubele
Super Moderator

Sorry for disappearing after Friday last week, I had a CRAZY weekend of going non-stop full-out from one errand to the other and barely sat at the computer. I did log my foods as best I could, but I am so tired today!

I'm going home come Thursday and probably won't be around for the whole week once I go, so I'm making my goals really simple.

This is my first big test of being in a situation A) with family B) out of my food-control and C) needing to be very social - most meals will be out. I'm nervous, but also looking forward to the challenge!!

So, here are my goals this week:

1) Eat "clean" - no fried foods, no junk, no temptations. I can DO this.
2) Log everything - good, bad, or ugly
3) Try to exercise when I have the chance at home
4) Have lots of fun with my family

I'm not going to try to limit myself to any particular calories because I'm sure that I won't get to a low-cal every day - there's no sense in setting a goal I know I can't do. I think if I eat cleanly and listen to my body, I'll surprise myself

The big fancy dinner-out has a fixed menu, so I already know what I'm getting that night Grilled salon, rice pilaf and mixed veggies (yum!). I'm more worried about the alcohol and the pub nights, as I know there are at least 2 planned.

I also hit my July 4th challenge, very surprisingly! when I stepped on the scale this morning (174.6 -- are you KIDDING me scale?). The weight is flying off since I busted my plateau. It still feels weird - I'm telling myself that the three weeks with a 6,000-7,000 deficit when I saw no weight loss are catching up with me now. I'll keep checking in before I go on my vacation

To everyone: Big hugs, and I hope you have a WONDERFUL week!

~Terri
Weight 10/22/14 = 175.0 (net: -40.2)
Last mini-goal: 175 lbs. REACHED 10/22/14 --REWARD: New wallet
Current min-goal: 170 lbs.
Next large goal: 165 lbs. by 12/25/2014
Lowest weight: 156.7 lbs.
150.2 lbs. <--- Official "Healthy BMI" weight
Estimated final goal: 130-140 lbs.
"You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."
taubele is offline   Reply With Quote