Notices

5 - 15 Pounders Weekly Check-in 3/2

Old 03-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Exclamation 5 - 15 Pounders Weekly Check-in 3/2

Hi Everyone!

It's that time again! When Tuesday rolls around to you, jump on and check in with the group and post whatever info you want to be accountable for and/or to share with others...weight, measurements, goals, successes, hiccups, healthy behaviors you're trying to increase...it's up to you what to share about how your week went. No membership required...we can all benefit from everyone's experience! Hope everyone is off to a great week!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 PM
FitDay Member

Pluses and minuses for me this Tuesday.

+ Side - Side

Melted 3.25 inches of fat since Dec. 28th Went up 1 pound on scale
Decreased weight by 4 pounds
Flossed 6/7 nights
Exercise has been consistent
12/28 3/2
Chest: 34.5 34.25
waist: 29.5 27.5
Hip: 33.5 33
thigh: 20.5 20

I've increased my starchy carbs this week and need to get it back to 2 servings per day. Hopefully, that'll make a positive difference.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning! I was able to lose this week, but I could have probably lost more if I would have stayed on track this weekend. Down 2 pounds from last week to 149. I haven't done measurements yet, might wait until Thursday for my logging day.

Beth~ great job! Your measurements are amazing , keep up the good work
Old 03-02-2010, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

yesterday was a pretty big success for me by being able to control my eating. I am excited to continue that trend. Someone even came over and asked if i wanted to try this awesome cheesy dip they made and i politely said i just ate some brocolli and i'm stuffed. it was SO empowering to just say no thank you knowing i made the right choice.

As for weight, I'd like to be at 160 something by next Tuesday. currently i teeter between 172 and 170. i just want to see a six after the 1.

Current Measurements (in):
Chest - 43
Waist - 33
Hips - 43 (ba donk-a-donk!)
Thigh - 25

i'd like to see my hips go down and maybe my thighs a bit, they are pretty muscular so i don't think they will get much smaller. (more of a long time goal, but i thought i'd post anyways)

my last goal is to increase some of the weights i lift, or get better form. This week i am really working on my power clean form so that i can hopefully increase my personal record on Friday.

~Miki~
Old 03-02-2010, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation A Week of Lessons Learned

Maintenance continues to be successful although, as many of you know, I definitely hit some speed bumps this week.

On a positive note, I just looked at my Fit Day before and after measurements and am thrilled to say that I have lost 10.75 inches from my original measurements taken on 1/5/10 and have a total weight loss of 16.4 lbs. 16.4 lbs doesn't sound like much, but when you're near your ideal weight, as we saw with ArchyJill, it makes a HUGE difference. I have dropped my BMI, my original goal, from 23.3 to 20.5 and 2 jeans sizes.

I've learned that I had sheltered myself from nasty eating situations during my weight loss and now that I am trying to re-enter, I have to "pull up my big girl panties" and just say "no". That peer pressure actually exists in the adult world with food as it must with drugs, alcohol, whatever your vice may be and I have to be up-front with people and simply say "I'm sorry. I can't eat that".

I learned that shopping for jeans CAN be fun.

I learned that I actually like the way I look, something that I haven't been able to say for a very long time.

And, most importantly, I learned that a steak the size of your head swimming in clarified butter is not a treat!

I learned that a big red 2 can bring a smile to my face.

Ah, lessons learned...
Old 03-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome job, Miki, Beth, Quinn, and Andrea!

I think I'll skip the measurements this week...don't know that I have any appreciable change and therefore it would be the "watching paint dry" syndrome. Maybe I'll go to once a month.

However, I am down 2.2 pounds to 117.2 from the dreaded standstill I was stuck at for three weeks. FINALLY! The scale is not broken after all!

As for the "mental report," I have really been working on straightening out my brain this week. I struggle so much with negative messages and poor body image and I tend to get so caught up in things like, oh, how come my hips can't be that small, or how come that person weighs less than I do at the same height....comparing, comparing, feeling inferior. I realize that if I'm going to be healthy about this, I need to trash those thoughts.

So I made a promise yesterday to myself that I would be in a bikini this summer. I have never felt able to do this (although as I posted somewhere yesterday I did buy a "cheater" last summer with the little skirt to hide a multitide of sins). But committing to getting a real one this year will have the following benefits:

1) It will keep me on track with my diet and exercise even after I reach goal (2.2 pounds away now),
2) It will force me to recognize that I don't have to have a perfect body to wear a bikini in public,
3) It will give me the satisfaction of doing something I thought I could never do,
4) It will ensure that our summer vacation will be at a beach somewhere (LOL, jk).

It feels powerful to have made that decision. Other people might not think twice, but for me this has been a huge hangup. As long as I'm making changes, might as well go big or stay home!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

3 days and counting on this elimination diet (soy/sugar/dairy/eggs/gluten)....feeling great -- sooo much more energy. Learning to like chicken with homemade salsa for breakfast! Weird I know, but you do what you gotta do!! Keeps me from falling on my face on my elliptical in the morning without protein!

My first measurements & weight announcement in public -- wow, what a leap for me!

Height - 6', Weight 157 (goal 137)
Chest - 39-1/2", Waist - 27. Hips - 37" Dreaded thigh - 21".

Working on cardio & core and focusing on gluts to get my legs back in shape from that ACL surgery. Amazing how quickly you bounce out of shape missing a few days/week or so, but how long it takes to get back in shape, after 40 !! Just threw the horses in the field (running them to the furthest gate these days rather than taking the easy, close one) -- exercise + mud factor!! Now onto my elliptical

debbie
Old 03-02-2010, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

I'm so proud of all of you! I weighed in at 120.4,so that's a .8 loss this week. It was kind of a transition week for me as I tried to get back to healthy eating habits. I admit I had a couple of days of eating like a jerk in there...But this week I WILL do better! I really want to leave the 120s behind for good. On the postitive side, I ate my 5 fruits and vegies everyday and plan to continue this. I started my 1/2 marathon training yesterday. It's a 14 week plan...the half is on June 5. Knowing that I will probably be breaking out the running shorts and tanks in the next month is very motivating!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

I have learned some of the same things as a lot of you this week. I dropped two "eggs" this weekend. After I ate way more than normal on a date with DH, I realized that my stomach just can't take that much food at one time anymore (it was a seafood meal). I felt like I had a rock in my stomach for the rest of the night. But, it did taste good!

And, like a few of you, I want to get down into that next set of 10s on the scale (from the 130s to the 120s) - but haven't cracked it yet (except for the week I was sick - but I knew that was going to come back).

I was at about 130.5 this morning, so no real weight loss. I am however feeling my jeans get a bit looser and find myself pulling them up more often! May be time for a shopping trip soon! I would love to see another size drop - I've dropped from a 12 to an 8 since March 2009.

Thanks for being such an inspiration, ladies!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

I feel really good that I am still losing although it is really slow!
I weighed in at 137 again today, so I am keeping the first 5 lbs off....My measurements went from 38/29/38 to 36/27.5/36-- what I want, is 34, 24, 34!
I've not been exercising enough but in this nasty weather I really don't want to risk getting ill. I did buy some tapes and have been jumping up and down in the living room when only the dog can see me!
My goal is to lose another 5 lbs in March-- does anyone want to do a March challenge?
Thanks again everyone for your support, and for reading and sharing in the forum. It really helps to know I have someone to reach out to as I navigate this well worn path .....you know that story, you walk down a road and see a huge hole and fall in it, over and over, and finally you walk around the hole, and eventually, you just take a different road! Sometimes I just say, oops, fell in the hole again! ha! ha! Good luck and congratulations, all you beautiful women!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.