Notices

Weight Progress tool

Old 01-07-2010, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Question Weight Progress tool

Hi, I am new to FitDay and still learning how to maximize the effectiveness of the reports. Overall, I find them very helpful and enjoy tracking my progress. However, I am confused by the "Weight Progress" tab under "Weight Goal." Is this information based on averages? I noticed that it does not autopopulate the values for my daily calories in and calories out. Since the site calculated my daily calorie restriction to meet my weight loss goal, it would be nice to see how many calories I've restricted on a particular day, not just on average. Am I missing something? Does this application exist on the site?

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:54 AM
fitday_jim

On the food tab at the bottom, there is a calorie balance report tab. This will show your calorie balance for the day. Is this what you are looking for?

Old 01-08-2010, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your reply! I'm familiar with that tab, but I guess I wish it would do the math for me and calculate the difference. Also, it would be nice to keep a running total per week and not just an average. It's still a helpful tool, though.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:16 AM
fitday_jim

I understand. Yes, FitDay is very day oriented. That is a good idea to have a running total deficit for a period time vs. average per day over that period. It would actually help people figure out what their metabolism is also. You could divide total deficit by pounds lost and see if it worked out correctly.

Also, I get your point about the calorie deficit compared to your plan on a daily basis. Let me poke around and see if there is a good place to do that.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, that would be great! "Day-oriented" is a good way to describe it. I really appreciate the detail level of the daily features, but being able to keep some running totals for a week or longer time period would be really helpful. Because I'm new, I guess I don't know whether to trust these good totals it's helping me achieve, so I keep whipping out the calculator.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:40 PM
FitDay Member

Question Negative weight goal?

I'm trying to gain weight but the weight goal application doesn't allow a goal weight of more than your current weight.
Does anyone know a way around this issue? I'd like to take advantage of this tool. Thanks!!