View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
mdkm1980
FitDay Member

Smile So tired of being FAT

I'm a 31 year old mom of two girls (6 and 4). I used to be skinny, used to be happy with my body, used to be fit. So much for the used to be's of the past. Now I'm fat, now I'm unhappy with my weight, now I'm out of shape.

NOW I'm ready to do something about it!

Currently I weigh an embarassing (to myself) 281 lbs. My highest weight was 296, but thankfully went down to 289. My goal weight is to lose 50 lbs by Christmas.

A few weeks a go I was with my husband and girls coming out of a fast food joint. A few young punk boys rolled up in a car and said 'Hey fattie you have a choice ya know. Hey fattie I'm talking to you' and yes we were the only ones in the parking lot. I was hurt, angry, embarassed and near tears. But on the flip side they gave me the slap I needed to reevaluate myself and my body and see just how huge I have gotten.

So my DH and I went out and bought an eliptical for me, and I've taken up walking with my neighbours. I'm proud to say that I have lost 8 lbs this week alone, and although I know my weightloss may not be that large at times, at least I have the courage to try. I've given up the excuses, the laziness and picked up the pace.

I don't need to be defined by my weight anymore. I don't need to be a fat mom because it's easier than sitting on the couch all day. I'm fat and I don't need or want to be. I miss the old me, the confident, beautiful me who was able to hold her head up high and be confident that I could do anything.

Slowly, slowly I'm getting there, and I know that old me is waiting, has been all this time for me to snap out of it and get with the program!
mdkm1980 is offline   Reply With Quote