Notices

Custom Food sharing?

Old 06-13-2011, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default Custom Food sharing?

Is there a way to share custom foods? I use custom foods exclusively in tracking my food intake and am having my husband join me. I don't want to have to re-enter all of the foods a second time for his account. Any suggestions? I was hoping FitDay PC would be an option if the free website doesn't offer this.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:52 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm not sure how you could do this. Since FitDay PC "syncs" with your online account obviously it downloads your custom foods. The only problem would be that if you enter your husband's data and re-sync it will go into your online account. If you did an initial sync and just used FitDay PC for your husband off-line I guess that would work but any subsequent additions to your customs foods would have to be done to both accounts manually.

I'll mess around with my FitDay PC and see if I can find any better solution.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-17-2011, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Michael. I hope you are able to find a solution. My husband and I start tomorrow!
Congrats on your success.
D
Old 06-17-2011, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh. I just found this under the Frequently Asked Questions section of FitDay PC.

Can I share information between two accounts?
No. The information you enter is saved in your private account file. You cannot transfer information to a second account file.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default FitDay reply

I had the same question and asked the FitDay support. This is their reply:

> Thanks for your question. There isn't a way to share information
> between accounts. It's a common request to want to share custom foods
> and development has this on their list to look into for a future
> version.

No help now but maybe in the future.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

If this feature was available, I think it would help quite a bit.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi--my thought is that custom food sharing is unavailable because Fitday cannot vouch for the accuracy. However, I don't know why they cannot add it as an "at your own risk" venture.

As an aside, I feel that Fitday, overall, could vastly improve the foods they offer information on--one of the biggest reasons I have so many custom foods is because of that. I believe Fitday probably uses an officially sanctioned list of foods, but is it upgraded? Can more be independently added? Every food you can purchase has the nutrition info. on it unless it is fresh, and yet a great deal of these foods are missing.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

So, I admit to cheating on FitDay. I've been really frustrated with a "feature" that was recently added to the beta version and I started looking at other sites. The good news is that, according to a number of reviews, FitDay is among the most recommended. However, it was interesting to see some of the other features offered by other sites. On Daily Burn, you can create a custom food and then submit it for review. I think the ones that are approved are often verifiable restaurant or store-bought foods. The first time I searched for a food (pad thai) I received over 300 results. I didn't realize that user-submitted foods were included and was kind of put off by it, but you can un-check a box to leave out these foods. I think it's a great idea. Imagine my surprise at finding Old Mill spelt bread! Maybe FitDay could work in a similar feature so we can share our custom foods?
Old 07-21-2012, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Share custom foods please

Originally Posted by Florida Ray
If this feature was available, I think it would help quite a bit.
Agreed. I was about to submit this request as well - my daughter and i are both doing Fitday and it would help greatly if we could share custom foods. And why aren't all the Lean Cuisine/Weight Watcher/etc. foods in the database? I'm entering those as "custom" because they only have a few in the db.

PLEASE! allow custom sharing. thanks, R
Old 10-19-2012, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Can anyone help me find

unsweetened almond milk and low carb whey protein powder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.