View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #913 (permalink)
warren6609
FitDay Member

Cool It's always something!

As a Gastric Bypass patient, I am severely limited in what I can eat as I am still in the healing process. Since I am doing quote well in my recovery I have been slowly and carefully trying new foods to see if I can tolerate them. Today I went to Wendy's since I have been craving a cheeseburger for well over a month. Well, I have been good, I feel good and I was going to give it a try. Ohhhh Boooooy!

I ordered the Jr. Cheeseburger and waited with great anticipation. When I got it I stopped by the condiment center and picked up a knife and fork (at least the plastic equivalent) I removed the 1.25 Oz patty from the bun and set to. Not only was the tiny patty tasteless, it was full of small bone chips. The pickles were mushy and the cheese was apparently not the real stuff but some amalgam of crud that looked like cheese and tasted like air. WHAT A LETDOWN! Am I the only one here who has found a favorite food unworthy?

I wasted an entire meal on that thing and can't imagine going back.

OK, Venting over! I feel better, at least I think I feel better... PLEASE I need to feel better!

Bill in KC

Highest recorded weight (2010) 396
24 MAY 2011 (Day of surgery) 337 Size 52 trousers
11 June 2011 315 Size 44 trousers
13 August 2011 278 Size 42 trousers

Total Weight Loss 118 pounds and counting!

The journey of 10,000 miles begins with the first step.
warren6609 is offline   Reply With Quote