Notices

Calories Burned

Old 03-28-2011, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Calories Burned

Hi i just joined last night, filled out the profile, and today is my first day of logging.
I really don't understand the table when it says how many calories burned. Its almost 3000 for today.
i havent even started my day really, and as far as i know its almost impossible to burn that much in a day. Am i missing something ?
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Activi...ate=1301270400.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Just in case you still want an answer to this, or if someone else is looking here for an answer, I think that number refers to your basal metabolic rate (BMR).

The basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the base rate at which your body consumes calories for basic metabolic functions like maintaining internal temperature, repairing cells, pumping blood, powering muscles at rest, etc. In other words, it is the rate at which your body consumes calories when at rest.
- busywomensfitness.com

That might be it, but i'm not sure...
Old 06-11-2011, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Vitooch
Hi i just joined last night, filled out the profile, and today is my first day of logging.
I really don't understand the table when it says how many calories burned. Its almost 3000 for today.
i havent even started my day really, and as far as i know its almost impossible to burn that much in a day. Am i missing something ?
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Activi...ate=1301270400.
Add 5-8 hours of sleep and see if the burn is more reasonable.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

First go to calculate your BMR. That's where you put in your weight and level of activity. To be conservative, I say that I'm sedentary. Then, I add in the activities daily. I have been walking lately and really, a couple of miles does not burn up all that many calories!

I eat around 2,000 calories a day (that's what I aim for) and I've been losing weight with that number. Now, when I don't think about it and eat what I want, in restaurants, snacking, and 'not-dieting,' I easily reach 3,000 calories. That is not such an unusual number! So, if it's easy to eat that much, it shouldn't be shocking to burn that many calories - if it were that excessive to burn that many calories, I'd be as big as a truck, given my pre-dieting, sedentary days.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

I noticed that the calories burned in a day didn't change when I added in my extra activities. So, should I just add them myself manually and extend my allowed calories for the day by the amount I burned off with exercise?