View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #906 (permalink)
boolz
FitDay Member

Well, after a great first week loss of 9 lbs, my second week was nothing to write home about: a whopping -1 lb. All loss is good, yada yada, but this was with me eating very, very well, tracking every bite and working out several times. Not counting the work outs, I was eating at about a 1500 calorie deficit. And the weird thing, I dropped the one pound the first day, bounced up 2.5 lbs, and then finally worked my way down again.

My theory: that first week obviously contained a lot of water weight loss, couldn't be all fat or close to it. So maybe my body hyper-corrected, lost more water than it should have and "recovered" this week. I can't think of any other explanation. In tracking, I'm scrupulous about monitoring my RDA, so even when I'm eating low, I make sure all of those are 100% or more, except carbs. Carbs I keep at about 75%.

If anyone else has any other theories, I'd be happy to hear them. Otherwise, I'll just chalk it up to the mysteries of weight loss. I feel good, am not hungry, feel way stronger and more energetic even at this size.

GREAT to see all the amazing progress by others in this thread. What an inspiration. I so wish I'd visited the forums when I first started with fitday. Makes me wonder if I wouldn't have had such a serious back slide? Oh, well. That was then, this is now. I'm here now.
May 28, 2011: 254 lbs

This is now:
July 24, 2011: 237.5 (-16.5 lbs)
October 12, 2011: 222 (mini-goal)
September 1, 2012: 145 (goal)
boolz is offline   Reply With Quote