Notices

Needing supportive friends :)

Old 06-05-2011, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

Default Needing supportive friends :)

Hi all! My name is Jessica. I also go by xcurlygirlx!
in 2010 I was able to lose 70 pounds! 2011 has not been so good to me. I currently weigh 170 pounds, and I'd like to reach my ultimate goal of 142, bringing me to a healthy BMI of 22!

Lately I'll get really motivated and lose 5-6 pounds, only to start self sabataging and gain it right back
I'd really appreciate a friend or 2 or 10 (lol) to talk to when I am feeling down or confused!

I am great at motivating others and I believe you can achieve anything you set your mind too! Let's do this together!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

70lbs.... Great stuff. So you know you can do this, I made a good start this year but now seem to be stuck and motivation is sadly lacking, especially in the exercise department. I do well at the beginning of the week then slide off track at the weekends ( or if I have an outing during the week). So if you can motivate me I'd be eternally grateful lol.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

I'm behind you all the way!

What types of workouts do you do? If your doing the same routine all week, shake it up and do something completely different at the end of the week! Make it something fun, like swimming, biking, roller skating! You'll look forward to the switch and have fun at the same time

For me, I run on a treadmill with my favorite music, or do strength training videos in my home. By the end of the week, it gets dull...so I go to the park with my kids and play! LOL it sounds funny, but the monkey bars are a lot harder now that we're not young energetic kiddos! And base tag is a classic for the little ones. Great family bonding time too

Another tip: try to do your workouts first thing in the morning! You get it over with and don't have to think about it anymore!
Old 06-09-2011, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hey there,

So I'm completely new to this website, I love supportive online groups though and am always looking for people to help push me along as well. It sounds like you are doing amazing so far, so why are you feeling stuck now? I have found that I will get into a regular routine to only feel myself sliding back into old habits and then I tell myself that it doesn't matter anyways, so I might as well eat/do whatever I feel at the time. Bad cycle.

I'm currently starting or trying to start a new healthy lifestyle. Currently I smoke and drink too much and as a result I lack energy, I'm irritable and have no motivation for anything anymore. It finally hit me that I needed to take charge of my life or something horrible was going to happen quick. I'm also in that last 10-15 lbs weight loss stretch which is brutal!

I look forward to hearing about your journey!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

ksare81,

Hi and welcome to the site

Your bad cycle sounds a lot like mine. Since joining this site last week I've dropped 3 pounds It really makes a difference for me when I have to report how I'm doing to someone else. It keeps me accountable.

Drinking was an issue for me as well. I used to drink pretty much every weekend, and if we had a friend stay with us, we were drinking every night until the friend would leave.. The calories sure add up! On top of it, my husband had been laid off of work for months now, and when he's home it's so is his unhealthy food and laziness! I love him dearly but it's easy to fall into his routine.

Those last 10-15 pounds are a killer! work hard and don't lose sight of why you started this. If your ever entering back into that bad cycle, remember that a slip up is nothing in the large spectrum of things. If you miss a day of working out or eat to much one day, try and jump into things ight away the next day. It's not what we do in one day that makes the big difference, its one week or one month that show real results. You can do this!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Yay for losing 3 lbs! That's great What did you do to lose it?

So far I'm on day 3 of no drinking and have only had 5 cigarettes in 2 days. My mind is so much clearer and my mood has already improved so much. It really is insane how much alcohol can mess with your mind/clarity. Once I get back to full energy I hope to start running and then integrating the healthy eating again so I can work hard on these last few pounds. I made an appointment today with a Holistic Health Practioner and I am really looking forward to it. I've never gone to one, but I'm excited to get some natural resources and help with diet and my meds.

Have a great weekend and keep up the good work!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks! It was kinda tough, being my first week back into this!

Before I used to workout really hard and for the most part, make sure to eat relatively healthy. And as I said, I used to drink frequently. What I did this week to lose the weight was, workout very moderately, like running/walking a couple miles on my treadmill monday, and then I did a couple of workout videos tuesday and wednesday, took thursday off and here I am on friday The big change for me was my eating! I used fitday to track my calories and I stuck to 1550 per day. That was a big change for me because I never tracked my calories before. I was probably eating a good 3500 calories on a good day before.

Congrats on cutting back the smoking and drinking!! I've never really smoked but my husband used to and it was crazy hard for him to stop! From an outsiders point of view, I know you must be working hard! It becomes such a habit!
I love to run Have a great time when you get started! I love music for my runs, really gives me some "me time", and keeps me moving. Between running and healthy eating you should lose those last few pounds in no time.

What is a holistic health practitioner?

Thanks again, and congrats on taking back control of your life!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

So here we are again, another week into it! How did your weekend go? Did you stay on track? My weekend went well, I was proud of myself, I only had 3 beers on Saturday night and had some good meals. Sunday I made myself eggs in the morning and then for dinner we had lasagna, altho I did have some bread. This week I've been staying away from the fast food and sticking to what I bring for lunches. This weekend's grocery store trip should be great because I will be able to shop for more of the health food and none of the junk.

I started my running last night and today I feel incredible! I only ran for 25 mins but it still gave me an extra push towards this new lifestyle.

A holistic health pracitioner is someone that uses natural ways to heal your body i.e. diet, herbs, minerals, vitamins, etc. I'm looking forward to getting on track with getting rid of the prescription meds and using food, exercise and vitamins as a way to heal myself. I've never liked meds in the first place so I think this is a good way for me to go. Plus I get daily headaches that really wear me down and I have yet to find something that helps.

btw-I'm Kristina!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hey guys! My name is Michelle and I could use some support as well. My overall goal was to lose 30 pounds and get myself to a healthy BMI as well as to just be healthier overall. I'm currently a medical student and I figure no one wants to take diet/exercise advice from a fat doctor.

I'm currently at 182 pounds and I'm shooting for 159 by mid-September, maybe more depending on how I look/feel then. I've also cut down my drinking A LOT from where I was a year ago, although that's mostly been due to time constraints rather than choice.

It's kind of tough for me since none of my friends here are overweight and I don't really have anyone to keep me accountable. I've also lost a lot of my support system after graduating college and feel like all my friends here want to do is go out and drink (something I'm not opposed to on occasion, but my roomie goes out nearly every night...) which definitely doesn't help my weight loss goals.

Congrats to you all on what you've accomplished so far! Keep it up!