View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
quinnesec
FitDay Member

Exclamation A Week of Lessons Learned

Maintenance continues to be successful although, as many of you know, I definitely hit some speed bumps this week.

On a positive note, I just looked at my Fit Day before and after measurements and am thrilled to say that I have lost 10.75 inches from my original measurements taken on 1/5/10 and have a total weight loss of 16.4 lbs. 16.4 lbs doesn't sound like much, but when you're near your ideal weight, as we saw with ArchyJill, it makes a HUGE difference. I have dropped my BMI, my original goal, from 23.3 to 20.5 and 2 jeans sizes.

I've learned that I had sheltered myself from nasty eating situations during my weight loss and now that I am trying to re-enter, I have to "pull up my big girl panties" and just say "no". That peer pressure actually exists in the adult world with food as it must with drugs, alcohol, whatever your vice may be and I have to be up-front with people and simply say "I'm sorry. I can't eat that".

I learned that shopping for jeans CAN be fun.

I learned that I actually like the way I look, something that I haven't been able to say for a very long time.

And, most importantly, I learned that a steak the size of your head swimming in clarified butter is not a treat!

I learned that a big red 2 can bring a smile to my face.

Ah, lessons learned...

Reached 30 lb. Weight Loss Goal April, 2010
Fighting The Battle to Maintain
quinnesec is offline   Reply With Quote