Thread: Energy
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Bluedog72
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Bluedog,

I'm glad to see that you are still around and active. How's it been going?
Thanks Mike,I posted that just before I went away for work for a while and haven't had much of a chance to check in lately.
I'm still here, still working away at dropping the weight, still training hard and still optimistic

I didn't quite achieve my goal for the year, but I am happy with the weight I lost and have kept off.....hovering around the 125kg mark +/_ 1 or 2 kilo at the moment and have kept up a steady increase in the weights I can lift in sets. (added 50kg to bench 12-10-10-8 sets in 12 months)To me that means an increase in lean muscle and a drop in body fat, no matter what the scales tell me, my body is improving.
I keep running into people I haven't seen in a few years and some of the reactions I've been getting border on comical, apparently we are our own harshest critics....while I can notice some difference, I have had people refuse to believe I am actually who I say I am.
The psychological benefits of a fitter body are most definitely worth all the effort in my opinion....I am far happier, more relaxed and sleep better than I have in years. I started all this after a rather traumatic break-up with a woman.....I have a new lady friend now, which helps the self image a lot, but she is an outstanding cook and loves to spoil me......that can be a problem sometimes, I don't want to be rude and refuse the meals she prepares, but the nutritional value of some of them are horrifying! Ah well, sometimes we just have to shut up, eat up and work extra hard the next day.

I'm back in my home town now for a while on contract work, so I should be able to check in more often and keep a tighter reign on my diet, hopefully that will mean a more noticeable change in bodyweight and composition than has been happening for the last couple of months.

Thanks for asking mate, it is nice to know there are others out there taking an interest in our lives and progress , How's the training treating you?

Started May 2010 @ 160kg+
Goal >120kg May 2011

Always walk a mile in someone's shoes before you criticize them. That way, you are a mile away and you have their shoes
Bluedog72 is offline   Reply With Quote