Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > MEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just men
New and Excited about the opportunity ahead >

New and Excited about the opportunity ahead

Community
Notices

New and Excited about the opportunity ahead

Old 06-06-2011, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default New and Excited about the opportunity ahead

I ran across this site a week or so back after attending a company meeting where it was explained to all present that obesity, lack of energy, poor nutrition, etc. were a road block to professional advancement and success within the company. Ouch! However, it was a real wake call for me. Interestingly enough, I was the only really overweight person there although it was as much about nutrition as it was weight. I am glad the discussion took place.

My motivation is several things.
I would like to live longer and enjoy the time I am alive.
I would like to put things in my body that are beneficial fuel.
I would like to increase my level of energy.
I would like to see a positive lift my mood.
Lastly I would like to see significant weight loss.

I am 53.
I weighed in a 11 days ago 355 which puts me in a obesity danger zone.
I have an ultimate goal of 170.
I am comfortable I can do this as it is my nature to succeed at goals I set.

I have radically changed my diet to fresh fruit, vegetables, lean meat, etc. over the past 11 days and started a moderate exercise program.

I really appreciate reading the information posted by others. It is beneficial. I realize at this point the challenges have not really come regarding reaching my goals. When they do and based on what I see I know I can count on you guys for input. I'm also looking forward to the day I have the opportunity to add some value for you.

Good luck to all.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2011, 11:01 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome! Sounds like you have the right attitude and a plan - the 2 things you'll need most for success.
I'm approaching my one-year anniversary on FD, and it's been great.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

We're all behind you and pulling for you. I think everyone here knows there is no special diets or programs. The key is to stay with it. We all go off course from time to time. Just start over the next meal or day and you will reach you goal.
Good luck and keep up posted.