Notices

Freshman 15

Old 06-05-2011, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Freshman 15

Okay,so about three weeks ago I came back home from college. My family and friends quickly noticed how much weight I put on. I weighed 164 pound! Mind you a 5'5 ft female, not a pretty sight. I actually left home at 152 pounds, not that great either but 164 pounds definitely gave me the push to start exercising. I've been going to the gym 5 times a week, eating less than 1,500, and I've already lost 6 pounds. Since I have a 3 month vacation (classes start the last week of august) I decided to dedicate myself to the gym. Its actually something I look forward to do, and gives me something to do. My total goal is to loose 30 pounds, but my first goal is to weigh 150 pounds by July 4th. I started this website yesterday and so far its been helping me see what kinds of food I'm consuming.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck and welcome to the forum. I know all too well about the freshman 15, the sophomore softening, the junior jiggles and the sedentary senior year and don't even get me started on the masters munchies! Good for you in catching it early, because ignoring it only makes it worse.