View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
wydok
FitDay Member

Question How often do you step on the scale?

I think one of my frustrations is that I want to see daily progress in my weight loss, so I get on the scale very day.

Sometimes my family will go out to eat, and I will end up eating more food than the current diet allows. For example, last night we went out to eat and I had a steak at Applebee's. Calorie-wise, I was still under 2000 calories (but not by much), so in a way it was a cheat day for me since I right now I usually try to stick to 1200-1500 until I am at my weight goal (which I am so close to, I can almost taste).

I stepped on the scale this morning and was 1.6lbs higher than yesterday. Then I got mad at myself for "eating so much".

But I didn't really eat that much. If 3500 calories is converted into 1lb of fat, that means I would have had to have eat an extra 5600 yesterday to gain 1.6lbs of fat, which is just ridiculous. I am assuming this weight comes from the actual food matter still being digested.

Am I shooting myself in the foot by weighing myself every day? Should I go to once a week, or once very few days instead?

Starting Weight (02/2008): 271.8lb
Current Weight (01/08/2010): 180.2lb
Next Goal (01/31/2010): 170lb
Final Goal: 164.4lb
wydok is offline   Reply With Quote