Notices

today was the day I stopped making excuses

Old 05-30-2011, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default today was the day I stopped making excuses

wow, was great to find this site and already passed it onto my friend. I have put weight on since stopping smoking but also turned to the good old friend wine to replace the cigarettes and to cope with my mothers passing. so here i am two stone over weight and feeling miserable, so have a drink, viscious circle really. got off my sorry for myself butt today and went to the gym and had fun through the pain. im running tom and have a sponsored walk up snowdon mountain in august to aim for and do not intend being fat for that, it would be like a skinny person carrying a toddler, ouch, so im glad to be on here and have support to achieve my goal..thanks.x
Old 05-30-2011, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on giving up the cigarettes, after that losing weight should be a walk in the park. You can do this.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:31 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, thanks for that. Im up and ready for my run and its 5.30 am in the welsh mountains...lets go!xx
Old 05-31-2011, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on making the decision to lead a healthier life. I'm a big believer on droping excuse in order to move forward.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

had a great run this morning and really tough but it set me on the right step for the rest of the day. thanks for the cheer ons!!x
Old 05-31-2011, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Awesome, a good runner's high beats a pot of coffee any morning of the week.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

I actually drink the pot of coffee before going for my morning run, otherwise I would find myself back in bed!

There is nothing better than a morning run. It feels like you are starting the day with an adventure. Then you can start the rest of the day with a sense of accomplishment. And you don't have to feel like you have to figure out when and where to fit in exercise because it is DONE!

Good luck and keep it up even when the gravity under your bed seems to be much stronger.