Notices

Using Chrome can not sign on Fitday

Old 05-28-2011, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Using Chrome can not sign on Fitday

I am having difficulty signing on Fitday, the free version. I have used it for years with no problem.
I use Chrome, and have been for at least 8 months. All of a sudden this past week, if I am luck enough to be able to sign on, the program lags and lags. I can X out and refresh and sometimes the page will appear. But basically I am frustrating because it may take 2-3 minutes to load, if at all. No problem with other websites at all, and I can easily sign on using InternetExplorer.
I googles and can't find anything related to this issue. Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

I came in to post about the exact same problem! It's very annoying.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Have you tried any other browser? This is what our Tech team is going to need to know in order to pinpoint the issue:

Please submit a screenshot of the issue (if possible) and answer the following questions:
  • What operating system are you using? (Windows, OSX, etc...)
  • What version? (XP, 7, Leopard, etc...)
  • What browser are you using? (IE, FF, Chrome, etc...)
  • What version? (IE7, FF3)
  • What page were you on? (http address)
  • What were you trying to do on that page?
  • When did you purchase the computer you are using?
  • How often do you update your computer?
Any additional details related to your computer's configuration may be helpful so please supply as much info as possible.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

I notice today that I couldn't get into fitday when I google it and use the first (big) entry for fitday. However, when I tried some of the other fitday entries farther down, I was able to get one to work. Just sayin.' There is a problem but that was my temporary solution.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
I notice today that I couldn't get into fitday when I google it and use the first (big) entry for fitday. However, when I tried some of the other fitday entries farther down, I was able to get one to work. Just sayin.' There is a problem but that was my temporary solution.
Have you tried going directly to FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal without doing a Google search? Just curious.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Have you tried any other browser? This is what our Tech team is going to need to know in order to pinpoint the issue:

Please submit a screenshot of the issue (if possible) and answer the following questions:
  • What operating system are you using? (Windows, OSX, etc...)
  • What version? (XP, 7, Leopard, etc...)
  • What browser are you using? (IE, FF, Chrome, etc...)
  • What version? (IE7, FF3)
  • What page were you on? (http address)
  • What were you trying to do on that page?
  • When did you purchase the computer you are using?
  • How often do you update your computer?
Any additional details related to your computer's configuration may be helpful so please supply as much info as possible.

I am using Chrome, Windows, trying to sign on, enter food, etc, normal stuff. Happening for about a week.
Cleaned my cache, rebooted, etc.

All is good on IE.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

For me, it hangs and lags *constantly*, both during the login and whenever I am clicking on a link in the site.

Windows 7

Chrome 11.0.696.71
Works fine on Firefox 3.6.17
No problems with any other websites in Chrome or Firefox

For me, it hangs and lags *constantly*, both during the login and whenever I am clicking on a link in the site.
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...&_s_NewLogin=1

Purchased computer in December
Update computer regularly
Old 05-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

okay, thanks. Hopefully tech will chime in soon.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Just wanting to chime in - this happens to me as well when I log in using Chrome. My specs are the same as poster above, except that my computer uses Windows Vista instead of Windows 7.

Also works fine on Firefox 3.6.17.

For me, it lags mostly on login at fitday.com ( http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...&_s_NewLogin=1) (Curiously, when already within Fitday and needing to log in again because I've been logged out by the system, it works better)

I purchased my computer in August of 2009, and update it regularly (usually whenever the updates come out).

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Thanks all, for such great specific information; our tech team has been on this since this morning and realize there is a Chrome issue.

I will track this and give you more info as I get it from the tech team.

Thank you for your patience,

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.